Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are pretty much covered at CB personally.

We have Distin, Jags, Alcopop, Stones and Hibbert at a push, probably even Barry could play there, not to mention we could probably recall Duffy in an emergency, would hate to see us spend any of our very limited funds on a CB. The fullback postion and GK also looks fine.

We are quite light on the wings, in the CM postion and also a Striker, ideally we buy another Mirallas, somebody capable of playing on the wing and upfront, then we defo need cover at CM.

I'd like to know what we have in terms of people like Lundstram, Long, Grant, Kennedy etc. Although I think that'll have to wait until the pre-season. We defo need a CM who can weigh in with a goal or two and a striker (more than anything else a striker).

Basically, if we go into February not having to call on the likes of Naismith and Osman to come in (and being terrified about who we can get to deputise for Lukaku) we've done well.

Prepares to be ridiculed, but here goes....three established players who'd suit how we play these days:

Loic Remy
Andreas Weimann
And, ducks behind the sofa, Jonjo Shelvey.....

Priority has to be CM to cover for barry and mccarthy. This can either be someone who really can compete with them for a place OR signing someone whose potentially going to be able to take Barrys place in the side down the track.

Also needed is a striker whose going to be able to either knock in some goals before the end of the season OR someone to take over from Lukaku when his loan finishes.

Third would be a left sided centre back as we only have distin there.

Prepares to be ridiculed, but here goes....three established players who'd suit how we play these days:

Loic Remy
Andreas Weimann
And, ducks behind the sofa, Jonjo Shelvey.....

shivers.gif.pagespeed.ce.S2SkhRAPhb.gif

I agree that CB needs looking at, but so does GK and most other postions in which we have "older" players, but we only really need players to see us through till the Summer, then we take stock of that issue then.

Loic Remy - Call me old fashioned but I don't think we should be signing anyone facing legal action for rape.
Andreas Weimann - Wanted him in the summer. Would still take him. Decent shout.
And, ducks behind the sofa, Jonjo Shelvey. - Not a cat in hell's chance. Not if half our squad drowned tomorrow in a glue factory.

Two of those suggestions were frivolous, I presume.

I agree that CB needs looking at, but so does GK and most other postions in which we have "older" players, but we only really need players to see us through till the Summer, then we take stock of that issue then.

Yeah CB is 3rd priority really. However you dont know who/what players may come up in jan who may not be available in summer so I guess we will have to see.

Seriously when you take out the loans / injury prone + also non first 11 quality we dont actually have that many players for the long term. Bit of a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back