Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really.

Jags out injured now, Alcaraz stepping in, Heitinga on his way only leaving Stones as a recognised CB on the bench?!.

I suppose we could use Hibbo at CB again aye.

If we get one more injury to a CB, which is likely with Alcaraz's record, we will be left short there!.

And we wouldnt bring in a CB at the expense of bringing in a much needed CM. Martinez as said all along we need midfield and striker cover. But that wouldnt stop him wanting a CB if required. He is definitely looking at CB's with regards to the future, as Distin cant go on forever, and the likes of Jags & Alcaraz arent getting any younger either.

So you want a starting standard centre-half AS WELL as a starting standard central midfielder and a backup to Lukaku? Did we win £40m for beating Southampton? I don't know if you've been away somewhere remote, but we're Everton and we don't have much cash.

Jags is out for maybe a month. After that, Alcaraz and Stones are two decent backups. Conversely if either Barry or McCarthy are out (and given their proclivity for collecting yellow cards, it will happen again soon) then Osman is in the starting lineup, and that's far more worrying than Stones getting game time.

We need a CM far more than a CB, so we should pick up the CM now and wait until summer for the CB.

Ravel Morrison really isnt very good and hes 1 utter bellend, hes not even 10% the player Barkley is.

Wish people would take notice of how much of a bellend a player is before they clamour for his signing.

hes getting better now though. Its all the people he speaks too in Manchester mate, horrible ****s them. quite a few are failed footballers who just do **** all and distract him.

hes a good player though but no chance him coming up here just yet

Jermain Defoe. There I've said it. I'd like us to risk a few million on getting him in.

jermain-defoe-STR_1510278c.jpg

So you want a starting standard centre-half AS WELL as a starting standard central midfielder and a backup to Lukaku? Did we win £40m for beating Southampton? I don't know if you've been away somewhere remote, but we're Everton and we don't have much cash.

Jags is out for maybe a month. After that, Alcaraz and Stones are two decent backups. Conversely if either Barry or McCarthy are out (and given their proclivity for collecting yellow cards, it will happen again soon) then Osman is in the starting lineup, and that's far more worrying than Stones getting game time.

We need a CM far more than a CB, so we should pick up the CM now and wait until summer for the CB.

We have more cash than the clubs lets on - from someone who used to work at the club. Especially after the new TV deals are pretty much gifting money to clubs now.

If we're going to use a multi-component rating system and want to prove to the club how we're the best scouting network since FM we can't keep up with this additive stuff. It fails to capture the player as a whole. Eg, we have a potential player: great, unpronounceable name, boss fifa skilz, youtube clips with loads of dribblz timed to dubstep drop, prefers our style to the arse, but is a total bell, we might assign (in order): 9, 9, 10, 10, 2 an total of 40/50, a great acquisition if you can get him for the FM valuation or less. Even an average gives the player a 8, again a great score. However, the guy is a bell of the highest order, clearly our rating system fails to give this due weight. Thus, I propose the following changes.

1) each category gets a subjective score from 0.00-1.00
2) categories are multiplied

For this same player the scores would be .90, .90, 1.00, 1.00, .20 which yields 0.162, a much more accurate accounting of how much said player should be worth to our squad and whether we ought to consider him. I argue that this system captures the entire player; from fifa skilz, and youtube clips to wiki stats and whether he prefers Arsenal's style of play (dummy var.). It is very hard for a non-complete player to make it through this rating system and thus, we've earned our collective keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back