Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
They overpaid as often relagation clubs do. We for years have had not much money so therefore we have always got a good price for our players. Even jelavic wasn't bad for 5 mill as he atleast saved our second half the season in 2011. We don't need another loan striker as we already have one . We need to get a striker who will be playing for us for the seasons to come. These young strikers that are linked could be a good punt seen as its world cup year so if they play well they maybe on the plane to brazil

As you say we don't have much money and though we already have a loan striker, Another loan of real pedigree is much more likely to do what we need, i.e. score lots of goals. Plus it would take us up to the summer where its easier to buy players and we might be able to move for Lukaku or (much less likely) Rooney.
Obviously if Roberto is counting the seconds until he can buy a new unknown superstar that he's scouted out, then all the better.

Ravel Morrison really isnt very good and hes 1 utter bellend, hes not even 10% the player Barkley is.

Wish people would take notice of how much of a bellend a player is before they clamour for his signing.

Ravel Morrison really isnt very good and hes 1 utter bellend, hes not even 10% the player Barkley is.

Wish people would take notice of how much of a bellend a player is before they clamour for his signing.

This and he plays in Barkley's position, where we don't really need to strengthen. Its Barry & McCarthy and Lukaku that needs cover/competition

...latest on the rumours site is Mark Noble to us as part of Jelavic deal - 'from a bloke I know at the Hammers who is in the know'. I know to take these with a pinch of salt but I can't help looking and you never know!!

...latest on the rumours site is Mark Noble to us as part of Jelavic deal - 'from a bloke I know at the Hammers who is in the know'. I know to take these with a pinch of salt but I can't help looking and you never know!!

i dont think noble would go down very well here...ive hardly watched him play so not sure, he does look a bit like a sickly student tho

You're on Everton Rumours again aren't you mate?

I'm a bit like you. Can't help but take a look. But in all honestly I don't think i've ever seen one come true.

Boss on FIFA
Exotic hard to pronounce name
Clips on Youtube
Stats on Wiki
Bellend factor
Judas potential
Price

That's a good formula.

We can use it to ascertain whether certain players would be good signings. Let's try it:

Mark Noble:
Boss on FIFA 5/10
Exotic hard to pronounce name 1/10
Clips on Youtube 3/10
Stats on Wiki 3/10
Bellend factor 1/10 (this value isn't included in the final rating, but rather detracted from the overall rating. The lower the bellend factor, the less points you lose from the score. Suarez would be a 10/10, thus bringing your score right down)
Judas potential 1/10 (same as above)
Price 3/10 (same as above, lower the value the less you lose in the final rating, higher score = less attractive signing)
- FINAL RATING: 7/70

Edison Cavani:
Boss on FIFA 9/10
Exotic hard to pronounce name 7/10
Clips on Youtube 10/10
Stats on Wiki 8/10
Bellend factor 5/10
Judas potential 10/10
Price 10/10
- FINAL RATING: 9/70

THUS WE CAN NOW SEE THAT MARK NOBLE WOULD BE NEARLY AS GOOD A SIGNING AS EDISON CAVANI.

WHERE'S THE MARK NOBLE MONEY BILL?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back