Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember us being linked with Marrone, is he still at Juve? maybe we'll try get him on loan?

I do hope we go for Michy. Apparently available for 6.8m. Worth the punt.

All great strikers have to be found and taken a chance on. . .
It's harder these days to find those types of striker but they will be out there, it's just taking that chance on em.

Its the most difficult position to get a bargain. Cardiff bought a lad for 8/9 mill who hasn't played much and people say 'well you don't get much of a striker for that'. Thats why I think we'd be better off trying to use our last loan on a top striker looking for pre-world cup 1st team footy. As said someone from the likes of Bayern/Barca/Juve with real quality who has a better chance of hitting the ground running & scoring a sh!t tonne for us.
Then use whatever funds we've got on midfield. Personally I like the shouts for Tom Ince but a top foreign bargain would do.

Its the most difficult position to get a bargain. Cardiff bought a lad for 8/9 mill who hasn't played much and people say 'well you don't get much of a striker for that'. Thats why I think we'd be better off trying to use our last loan on a top striker looking for pre-world cup 1st team footy. As said someone from the likes of Bayern/Barca/Juve with real quality who has a better chance of hitting the ground running & scoring a sh!t tonne for us.
Then use whatever funds we've got on midfield. Personally I like the shouts for Tom Ince but a top foreign bargain would do.

They overpaid as often relagation clubs do. We for years have had not much money so therefore we have always got a good price for our players. Even jelavic wasn't bad for 5 mill as he atleast saved our second half the season in 2011. We don't need another loan striker as we already have one . We need to get a striker who will be playing for us for the seasons to come. These young strikers that are linked could be a good punt seen as its world cup year so if they play well they maybe on the plane to brazil

...heard that Tom Ince isn't the most pleasant lad to have around the club and carries a bit of baggage in the form of his old man.

Hmmm, i get that impression. I like him as a player and playing out of his comfort zone, away from his dad, might change him?

No thanks

paul-ince-and-son-tom-ince-the_4160438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back