Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
He means that Arsenal also wanted Mirrales before he signed for us mate, he chose us over them as he felt he'd get more game time etc, he wasn't saying Arsenal wanted him after he signed for us like

Ah yea.. understood - sorry!

Well just proves that the most important thing for any footballer is... playing regular football! Sadly most people are swayed by the money and make the wrong choices.

Jan Kirchhoff, towering CB of Bayern Munich, is joining Schalke on loan for the rest of this season and for the whole of next season. Does this mean one of either Matip or Papadopoulos are leaving anytime soon?.

Looks like we could do with a CB now with Jags out for 4 weeks and Heitinga this time looking certain to leave, leaving us a bit short at the back.

Matip as been linked before. It's just a theory mind but ya never know?!.

Jan Kirchhoff, towering CB of Bayern Munich, is joining Schalke on loan for the rest of this season and for the whole of next season. Does this mean one of either Matip or Papadopoulos are leaving anytime soon?.

Looks like we could do with a CB now with Jags out for 4 weeks and Heitinga this time looking certain to leave, leaving us a bit short at the back.

Matip as been linked before. It's just a theory mind but ya never know?!.

Alcaraz
Stones

CB is one position in which we have sufficient depth.

Would you take another CB knowing it meant that Osman would see more significant time in CM? Nein danke.

Nothing to do with everton but Billy is looking to leave again, few clubs in italy looking at him but think he wants to stay in russia.

Mad to think he signed for us he was on less wages than he was at Lokomotiv, seemed a nice guy, had the technical ability all their but no physical ability what so ever. The club even tried to get him to do boxing training with an good trainer from Liverpool, just didn't work out in the end.

I think Cerci is a left footer who prefers the center or right side so maybe if we got him we could slide Kev across and stick him in that spot

I suspect Kev's preferred position is on the left - his goal against West Ham last season was a great example of how much of a threat he can be cutting in from there and shooting off his right foot. In the Suarez stamping derby last year he was ripping their right back a new one every time he took him on too.

Nothing to do with everton but Billy is looking to leave again, few clubs in italy looking at him but think he wants to stay in russia.

Mad to think he signed for us he was on less wages than he was at Lokomotiv, seemed a nice guy, had the technical ability all their but no physical ability what so ever. The club even tried to get him to do boxing training with an good trainer from Liverpool, just didn't work out in the end.

Billy was absolute garbage

I'd rather not be aiming for taking players who aren't good enough to get in the
likes of the current Villa team mate, no offense like, but we should really be aiming a little higher, whenever i read of stuff like that i always think were just playing into the papers/boards want for the world to see us in that light rather than actual reality of how weve been top 8 consistantly now for a decade.

Further example, http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25535907

Utter typical jouno ****, not a mention of us in the entire article,

Apart from all the mentions we get!? Written by a blue too.

Too many chips on shoulders amongst our fans.

£3m for Jela at the moment is asking a lot. Maybe for a club craving a striker like West Ham, could be forced to pay that, but really don't see us getting much more than £1m/£2m at a push.

Thats what i was thinking mate, those types of club, West Ham & Palace, may get desperate. And i'll give Kenwright one thing, he can usually hold out for a good deal!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back