Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Martinez doing an absolute masterclass and signing a God.

Obviously we can't expect this, but if we want to finish 4th then whoever Roberto brings in is going to be crucially important.
Would be fcukin ace if he worked his magic and got us 2 sh!t hot amazing players

Mourinho prefers Eto to Lukaku, watched the Chelsea game and i could see Eto hold up and first touch is much better, better awareness.

In fairness Eto'o was probably the best striker in the world only a few years ago and was one of the top players in the world in general for many years. He is not going to lose his touch and game intelligence.

Lukaku has all that to learn and will improve quickly. If there is any chance of us getting him it would amazingfully brilliant.

Tony+Hibbert.jpg

Saw in an earlier article that Klinsman wants Donovan playing for an Premier League side leading into the World Cup...

Klinsmann mentioned three MLS players by name – Seattle Sounders forward Clint Dempsey, LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan and Sporting Kansas City midfielder Graham Zusi – as examples of players he hopes to see compete for minutes with European teams in the early part of 2014.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...rld-cup-klinsmann-wants-to-see-players-loaned

£3m for Jela at the moment is asking a lot. Maybe for a club craving a striker like West Ham, could be forced to pay that, but really don't see us getting much more than £1m/£2m at a push.

I think your totally underestimating a strikers worth. All in all jela is still a international striker, who was lethal for a spell with us but also all his previous clubs.

Have a look at the prices that some strikers go for. Bang average ones, not even with half the goal scoring records of jelavic!danny graham went for 5M as one example!

Jelavic is still easily worth 4M, which is peanuts for a international striker.

OK hear what you're saying. The example you use is flawed, mainly because Graham is English, thus an inflated price tag, plus when he signed for Sunderland, he was actually playing for Swans on a more regular basis than Jela is for us, and also scoring more frequently than Jela. What is his actual goal tally from start of last season? If we got 5m for him I would be made up - personally just cant see it !!

OK hear what you're saying. The example you use is flawed, mainly because Graham is English, thus an inflated price tag, plus when he signed for Sunderland, he was actually playing for Swans on a more regular basis than Jela is for us, and also scoring more frequently than Jela. What is his actual goal tally from start of last season? If we got 5m for him I would be made up - personally just cant see it !!

...supply and demand always inflates the prices in January. Clubs fighting relegation are desperate for a quick fix. I don't think £4m is far off the mark.

Saw in an earlier article that Klinsman wants Donovan playing for an Premier League side leading into the World Cup...

Klinsmann mentioned three MLS players by name – Seattle Sounders forward Clint Dempsey, LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan and Sporting Kansas City midfielder Graham Zusi – as examples of players he hopes to see compete for minutes with European teams in the early part of 2014.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...rld-cup-klinsmann-wants-to-see-players-loaned

Donovan would of been very handy over the next couple of months. Unlikely to happen IMO as it would of done already.

Only 2 days left now. If we have the funds I'm pretty sure we'll see the signings early since El Bob has set his targets.

Personally I don't believe this Michy Batshuayi talk, but who knows. Yann M'Vila/Bibras Natkho in please

Heard on local radio the other day that we could look to make a move for Marc Albrighton, looked promising at Villa when he first came onto the scene but not really heard much else since.

Is he actually any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back