Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku doesn't want a perminant move here he said in his recent interview that he wants to be the main man next season. If Chelsea dont want Then maybe we could try and get him but if he wants a second loan I would prefer to get a more perminant striker in for next season for the long term of club sake

Don't get me wrong I'm fully in on the lakaku love but him wanting to be and Chelsea having him as the "main man" there next season are 2 completely different things. Currently he's not good enough, he's an awfull lot to learn in his all round game as we'v seen plenty of times ourselves.

Chelsea will make a massive signing up top (my guess falcao) which will leave lakaku as a backup for the forseable. He will also be left competing with another for the backup role....Torres or maybe even someone better if they replace him too!

I honestly don't see an immediate future for lakaku at Chelsea. Ironically this season could of been his best chance with the tosh there currently using!

'Johnny H' is one of our top earners so would be great to get him off the books

This. Think he will definitely go this window. Be happy if we got a mill for him right now. Get about £3m for Jela, £4m combined to add to what weve got and surely we can add to the squad in the areas needed.

I also think with Lukaku either his agent or someone at Chelsea, or even possibly our club has had a word and told hi to reign in the talk of not being there next season. Obviously no one knows what'll happen, but he doesn't want to burn his bridges there by constantly saying he wants to be here or he doesn't know why Jose doesn't want him etc

Don't get me wrong I'm fully in on the lakaku love but him wanting to be and Chelsea having him as the "main man" there next season are 2 completely different things. Currently he's not good enough, he's an awfull lot to learn in his all round game as we'v seen plenty of times ourselves.

Chelsea will make a massive signing up top (my guess falcao) which will leave lakaku as a backup for the forseable. He will also be left competing with another for the backup role....Torres or maybe even someone better if they replace him too!

I honestly don't see an immediate future for lakaku at Chelsea. Ironically this season could of been his best chance with the tosh there currently using!

This. I said in the Lukaku thread that i dont think Mourinho sees him as the main man for another 3 to possibly 4 years, due to his all round game. He's got the talent, the stature, he will build that strength and his touch will get better but Chelsea wont put him in for years and would rather go out and buy a tried and tested striker!.

I think Chelsea want 2 from Rooney, Falcao, Jackson Martinez & Diego Costa and all them are more proven and ready than Lukaku and would lead Chelsea's attack for a fair few years, so where will this leave Lukaku?. Chelsea will no doubt want to keep loaning him out, so he improves, gets better and gets the necessary experience. But Lukaku wont stand for that i wont of thought, he might do for another year possibly, but no more than that, but i dont think he'd dislodge any of them if they were at Chelsea for next 3 or 4 years!.

So for me, IF Chelsea make big signings up top, i think them and Lukaku have a decision to make?!.

This. I said in the Lukaku thread that i dont think Mourinho sees him as the main man for another 3 to possibly 4 years, due to his all round game. He's got the talent, the stature, he will build that strength and his touch will get better but Chelsea wont put him in for years and would rather go out and buy a tried and tested striker!.

I think Chelsea want 2 from Rooney, Falcao, Jackson Martinez & Diego Costa and all them are more proven and ready than Lukaku and would lead Chelsea's attack for a fair few years, so where will this leave Lukaku?. Chelsea will no doubt want to keep loaning him out, so he improves, gets better and gets the necessary experience. But Lukaku wont stand for that i wont of thought, he might do for another year possibly, but no more than that, but i dont think he'd dislodge any of them if they were at Chelsea for next 3 or 4 years!.

So for me, IF Chelsea make big signings up top, i think them and Lukaku have a decision to make?!.

But i dont think we'd be in the race for him permanently either, Chelsea will want atleast there money back with some profit, £20m+ say?!.

£3m for Jela at the moment is asking a lot. Maybe for a club craving a striker like West Ham, could be forced to pay that, but really don't see us getting much more than £1m/£2m at a push.

Jorginho please Bobby
hi-res-182990257-jorge-luiz-filho-frello-alias-jorginho-of-hellas-verona_crop_exact.jpg

But i dont think we'd be in the race for him permanently either, Chelsea will want atleast there money back with some profit, £20m+ say?!.

What have Chelsea done to/with lakaku to demand there money back + a profit? We played Fellaini for nearly 5 yrs as a star of the team learning PL footy to make a profit on him.

Chelsea have loaned him out suggesting he's not good enough to play for them, then wanting to sell him would suggest the same. Not to mention they will of overpaid in the first place to secure a young talent.

They won't be making a profit on the initial sale that's for sure! Maybe some sort of future fee/sell on fee is where they will make/recoup money on a sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back