Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Think he will definitely go this window. Be happy if we got a mill for him right now. Get about £3m for Jela, £4m combined to add to what weve got and surely we can add to the squad in the areas needed.

He'll definitely go - free if necessary.
Couldn't even get any gametime even with Jags injured.

Last thing we need are players sucking up wages and not getting played.
If we can swap him for a holding CM, with no other in/outs then that would be a half decent January. Jela can still do a job for us I feel.

Bear in mind that we're in direct competition with Arsenal and Chelsea who are also looking to strengthen their striker options :(

were not though mate, certainly not with chelsea, eating from two completely different tables their like, no one where gonna be going for will be on their radar, aresenal if they spend big the same

Heard on local radio the other day that we could look to make a move for Marc Albrighton, looked promising at Villa when he first came onto the scene but not really heard much else since.

Is he actually any good?

I thought he looked promising too, but he's just come back from a loan spell at a Championship team, hasn't he?

Saw in an earlier article that Klinsman wants Donovan playing for an Premier League side leading into the World Cup...

Klinsmann mentioned three MLS players by name – Seattle Sounders forward Clint Dempsey, LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan and Sporting Kansas City midfielder Graham Zusi – as examples of players he hopes to see compete for minutes with European teams in the early part of 2014.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...rld-cup-klinsmann-wants-to-see-players-loaned

No. lets get someone better ffs

Arsenal wanted Mirallas too remember.

So that he can be Theo Walcott's backup?
With the number of midfielders they've already got, Kev would be foolish to go there imo.

If we to show any ambition, we should not be in the business of selling our best players, no matter who comes knocking. That goes for Barkley, Baines, Kev, or anyone else. There are other players who we would all rather have shipped out first. That must be the over-riding message. We are NOT a feeder club for anyone.

So that he can be Theo Walcott's backup?
With the number of midfielders they've already got, Kev would be foolish to go there imo.

If we to show any ambition, we should not be in the business of selling our best players, no matter who comes knocking. That goes for Barkley, Baines, Kev, or anyone else. There are other players who we would all rather have shipped out first. That must be the over-riding message. We are NOT a feeder club for anyone.

He means that Arsenal also wanted Mirrales before he signed for us mate, he chose us over them as he felt he'd get more game time etc, he wasn't saying Arsenal wanted him after he signed for us like

No idea mate, if he's not in the Villa team surely the fee won't be an issue and maybe just needs a fresh start?

I wouldn't be against it but I think we can probably do better.

Personally I'd rather us sign one or two players (money permitting) that can challenge for a starting spot right now. I think if anything he'd be a bit more of a longer term thing.

No idea mate, if he's not in the Villa team surely the fee won't be an issue and maybe just needs a fresh start?

I'd rather not be aiming for taking players who aren't good enough to get in the likes of the current Villa team mate, no offense like, but we should really be aiming a little higher, whenever i read of stuff like that i always think were just playing into the papers/boards want for the world to see us in that light rather than actual reality of how weve been top 8 consistantly now for a decade.

Further example, http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25535907

Utter typical jouno ****, not a mention of us in the entire article,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back