Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show us some stuff they have got right mate

If i could go bk that far down a timeline i would but i can only say from experience, but he got Bily right when all the media were saying Bystrov. I seem to remember him saying Naismith was a target before we even signed him. Jelavic before interest arose in the rags and stuff, Joel the keeper, Beckford to Leicester for 3-4 million before anyone knew.

thats what i can remember from the top of my head, thats where i saw it all first, from him.

Jela rumours will crop up thick and fast now! Only difference in Heitinga & Jelavic rumors is that we will need a replacement first! Letting him go would leave us with only 1 recognised striker at the club? (Vellios & Mirallas are a different story) Jonny was behind 4/5 other players, Jela is behind 1.

Can't see that happening like.. unless a replacement is sought fast he will be staying!

I'm pretty sure we haven't. Clubs with more flexible owners have just borrowed against the money coming in later.

Clubs received money at the end of August mate, thats from someone who is in the industry and did a guest speaker where I study..

Regardless, there is already money there. Why do people think Southampton and Cardiff were able to spend so much without sale? Southampton spent £35m in the summer, they've got a good owner but couldn't afford that without the new money!

Enjoying the last two days of the holiday season and a boss day of footy tomorrow before I get involved in all this madness again.

Clubs received money at the end of August mate, thats from someone who is in the industry and did a guest speaker where I study..

Regardless, there is already money there. Why do people think Southampton and Cardiff were able to spend so much without sale? Southampton spent £35m in the summer, they've got a good owner but couldn't afford that without the new money!
They were spending it with the knowledge they were receiving the money January times I thought. If you say its so, I will believe you like.

Not sure that's correct. I've heard from someone involved in the club that money lands end of season.

Other clubs have presumably borrowed against the money in advance but we haven't (through either choice or being unable to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back