Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this was the transfer thread? Funds arrive end of season.
As a few people have quoted the first part of the tv money has being received that's why clubs like Cardiff and southampton have spent there money. Other clubs have saved that money which suggests that even without the fellani money we should have 10 million to spend from the money from Summer

Roberto wants cover for defensive midfield, but I wonder what his long-term thinking is. It would be surprising if we didn't sign Barry but he'll be 33 in February and can't really have more than another couple of seasons in him. Is Gibson the answer? He could build up a good understanding with McCarthy for club and country and he's not too dissimilar to Barry.

There are a few good players out of contract in the summer such as Matuidi (PSG), Fernando (Porto) and Jucilei (Anzhi). Could we negotiate a loan with a view to a bosman in the summer or a low fee deal now? If so, they're playing at CL standard and won't settle for a place on the bench with a non-CL club, so how could we reshuffle the pack to accommodate them?

Roberto wants cover for defensive midfield, but I wonder what his long-term thinking is. It would be surprising if we didn't sign Barry but he'll be 33 in February and can't really have more than another couple of seasons in him. Is Gibson the answer? He could build up a good understanding with McCarthy for club and country and he's not too dissimilar to Barry.

There are a few good players out of contract in the summer such as Matuidi (PSG), Fernando (Porto) and Jucilei (Anzhi). Could we negotiate a loan with a view to a bosman in the summer or a low fee deal now? If so, they're playing at CL standard and won't settle for a place on the bench with a non-CL club, so how could we reshuffle the pack to accommodate them?

Martinez did say a while back that he was looking for short term cover but today he said he was looking at the long term strategy of the team and looking to get the blend of youth and experience right for future reference.

So i wouldnt be surprised if we did try and sign a CM for the long term. Hearing talk of us being interested in Fernando & M'Vila again. Also heard McGeady, Batshuayi & Martins Indi are on Martinez's radar aswell.

Martinez did say a while back that he was looking for short term cover but today he said he was looking at the long term strategy of the team and looking to get the blend of youth and experience right for future reference.

So i wouldnt be surprised if we did try and sign a CM for the long term. Hearing talk of us being interested in Fernando & M'Vila again. Also heard McGeady, Batshuayi & Martins Indi are on Martinez's radar aswell.

I wouldn't have thought he'd want another CB because Distin has at least another year in him and both Alcaraz and Stones are ready to step into the side. The time out on loan might mean that Duffy comes back into contention too.

I'd imagine that we'd let McGeady's contract run out and then pick him up for free as a better deputy to Pienaar than Gueye.

We could probably do with someone could could play in the hole, if we needed to rest Barkley, and can also cover in front of the back four. Maybe it's worth looking at Fer again, especially if Norwich go down?

Batshuayi seems like a good shout.

The one thing the guy made very clear as I spoke with him privately was that Everton are no longer in the position of having to sell or being in trouble. We're much more well off than the club lets on.

I noticed Martinez kept on mentioning us being in a good financial position in his press conference.

When did that happen? None of the journos seemed surprised.

Maybe Grantchester found a few million in his Wellies.

I noticed Martinez kept on mentioning us being in a good financial position in his press conference.

We have a Net spend of around minus 25m for the last 3 Years, record TV deal, thats where the money has come from.

The windfall from BT will be helping massively I'd imagine.

I wouldn't have thought he'd want another CB because Distin has at least another year in him and both Alcaraz and Stones are ready to step into the side. The time out on loan might mean that Duffy comes back into contention too.

I'd imagine that we'd let McGeady's contract run out and then pick him up for free as a better deputy to Pienaar than Gueye.

We could probably do with someone could could play in the hole, if we needed to rest Barkley, and can also cover in front of the back four. Maybe it's worth looking at Fer again, especially if Norwich go down?

Batshuayi seems like a good shout.

Martins Indi is on Martinez's radar but more likely in the summer as a future Distin replacement.

Just been reading on someones timeline and they say out of all the links, McGeady is gonna be the most likely to sign first this next transfer window, said we was close to signing him in the summer.

and so the madness begins. Would love morata or shaqiri on loan. Get it done bobby brown shoes. Allez Allez Allez Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back