Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate. I'm only playing really.

Just something about Berbatov would piss me off. Like when he does those lazy penos. Great when they go in but I think GOT would meltdown when a keeper saves one.

I dunno, but if you weigh up the moments of annoyance when he walks across the field or lets somebody run past him in possession against the amount of extra chances he would create and goals he would score I think at the end of the season you'd find it was worth it.

Again, I'm not saying its Berba we need. Its like Martinez getting in a seemingly has-been Maloney and just letting him worry about attacking and creating. You give a decently talented play that free reign in an already confident and positive team and I think they will shine.

If we talk about what the squad needs I'd say a different type of centre mid, a striker and a younger replacement for Pienaar/Mirallas positions. But right now a tidy and experienced player slotting balls through for Lukaku would be amazing even if only starting the odd game.

Pienaar and Mirallas seem this sort of player but fall just short really. Barkley will be amazing but not just yet.

Wait till summer and bid big for Lallana and/or ward-prowse.

Really rate these two lads, and seem extremely mobile and dynamic players.

Southampton, of course won't let either go.

Thats not true though Ijjy. Deulo doesn't work anywhere near as hard as the rest and even Barkley and Lukaku stand and watch the other team staart to build up. Martinez will know that you have to give some slack to the attacking players unless you want to go with a full pressing game.

With regards to Berba I would suggest only because somebody like that seems what is missing in the final third. A lot of opposition fans in some places were also noticing Lukakus runs that just don't get picked out. We are missing out on goals there because nobody behind him can play the sort of passes somebody like Berba can play.

He was just an example but I think this team right now could do with this to take advantage of a great start. Speaking of Fulham I really like Pozuelo and think theyve picked up another class bargain there. Would have loved to see him here.

I think the more the season goes on Ross will start finding those types of passes more regulary. He's still a baby and learning this No.10 role.

Think we are linked with this guy in Russia -- Bibras Natkho

Out of contract soon by the looks of things. Think it was on Radio City earlier, saying him and McGeady where likely. Likened this lad to McCarthy as a busy midfielder and only 25.

Not much idea on him myself.

Think we are linked with this guy in Russia -- Bibras Natkho

Out of contract soon by the looks of things. Think it was on Radio City earlier, saying him and McGeady where likely. Likened this lad to McCarthy as a busy midfielder and only 25.

Not much idea on him myself.

Excellent player according to everything I've read. But there would be lots of competition.

Although I've only seen him play twice I really liked the look of that Cedric from Betis. He gave Coleman a torrid time in the pre-season game.

Excellent player according to everything I've read. But there would be lots of competition.

Although I've only seen him play twice I really liked the look of that Cedric from Betis. He gave Coleman a torrid time in the pre-season game.
not sure how much of an indictment this is to his quality but betis sitting bottom of la liga. strange though in preseason i though they looked fairly alright.

Bibras Natkho finally an obscure name were all the FM boffins including myself can declare how boss he is. 21 goals in 105 apps for him is a decent scoring record like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back