Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think RM set the bar high in the Summer with his shrewd acquisitions & we are suffering a hangover from that. In itself, this isn't a bad thing, to expect good signings at every window, but it's un-sustainable not only for the club, but the mental health of the fans.

With that in mind, DM's post about it being a "Good week to be an Evertonian" was like a spark on a hot summers day, it took on a life of its own. To be honest, when the RS lose, it's a good week to be an Evertonian! When Ratty gets booked for diving, that's a good week to be an Evertonian, and when Lukaku signed, that was a good week too! It's all relative really isn't it?

Maybe he meant its good to be a weak Evertonian, in which case I'm good, nay awesome !

Martinez is definitely bluffing about Traore being the only signing he wants in. Yeah business is tougher in the winter but our needs are even greater they were at the start of the season. Without reinforcements we are out of this seasons race for the top 4 and I can't see it being this open again for a while. Just what kind of signings is he going for is what I'm wondering. The winger (Ince, Tadic) or the AM (Torres) or the CM (Onazi)? I'm hoping for a Tadic kind of signing.

I think RM set the bar high in the Summer with his shrewd acquisitions & we are suffering a hangover from that. In itself, this isn't a bad thing, to expect good signings at every window, but it's un-sustainable not only for the club, but the mental health of the fans.

With that in mind, DM's post about it being a "Good week to be an Evertonian" was like a spark on a hot summers day, it took on a life of its own. To be honest, when the RS lose, it's a good week to be an Evertonian! When Ratty gets booked for diving, that's a good week to be an Evertonian, and when Lukaku signed, that was a good week too! It's all relative really isn't it?

Good post this.

Just the mental image of Suarez getting sent off makes me feel good

Dont think theirs any chance we could would get Kagawa anyway, he will probably go back to dortmund.
He probably just doesnt suit the prem, he was world class in the bundesliga!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back