Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the McArthur story is "strange".
A player well known to RM and highly rated by him,a position that we badly need to cover and Wigan bring in a similar player on the same day.

I think this story just may have a bit more mileage.

Agree with this. Especially given next week both parties have multiple fixtures to prepare for, seems an odd time to be going out getting badges and catching up with former managers.

...if they needed to chat, surely a telephone or discreet meeting place would've been the way to go. Perhaps it was simply as is being reported.

A phone call does the job.

It's late transfer window; and as blueblue says the visiting player holds a position down in his own team we need filled...and that team he plays for we've done a lot of business with.

It possibly is above board and like the official story states. I wouldn't put too much money on that though.

why was drenthe at the training ground? Never heard about that. Clearly he isn't coming back before the rumours start.

Apparently Juan Mata was at city's training ground yesterday. Well apparently they are next to Carrington so it was a technicality acording to a City fan collegue but it would make a good rumour.

Wouldn't pay 15m for Hernandez either. Can get better for that cash, especially for the system we play.

That Macarthur stuff: anyone else think the official explanation is a load of rubbish? Someone his age taking badges and traveling to our training complex (during a transfer window) to talk to Martinez about coaching?

I think that's highly unlikely, tbh.

Yep, thought that as well. If that was a pottential player deal it looks blown up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back