Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contender for laziest journalism ever right there. Poor.

I'm the champ, he can try but I will crush him.

ALAN-NIXON-676501.png

Should try a bid for Kagawa, will get even less time with Mata coming in.

he's been here long enough and been played in his favoured position way too many times to still be considered potential. he hasn't done one good thing since he's been in england - he can't play here, it's clear to see, so no point.

Big rumours coming from old Trafford about hernandez wanting to leave for world cup playing time, £15M. He would fit right into evertons style of play and he works his arse off for the team. Would b a great signing for us. What does anyone think?

he's looked pretty terrible when i've seen him this season, then again, we've said that about a lot of strikers under moyes. like others have pointed out, i think he can only really play in a two up front. too much of a risk for us sadly, great player though.

he's been here long enough and been played in his favoured position way too many times to still be considered potential. he hasn't done one good thing since he's been in england - he can't play here, it's clear to see, so no point

You're joking, right? He rarely plays at his favoured position.

He is brilliant behind the striker.

After some considered thought I,d sell baines this window if a chance remains and we get the right price. If we could compete for the title I would keep him all day long but I would put Bryan in his spot and use the funds from a baines sale for the summer.

Kagawa is proven to be complete class. Can't blame him for Rooney playing in his position really.

Imagine him and Ross destroying lads.

After some considered thought I,d sell baines this window if a chance remains and we get the right price. If we could compete for the title I would keep him all day long but I would put Bryan in his spot and use the funds from a baines sale for the summer.

you do know it's not up to you?

Both Kagawa and Hernandes would be great additions for us.

Hernandes is a poacher, and a good one at that. We constantly get in to the box and have no one to really aim for, I think he'd do a great job for us. As for Kagawa, having 3 of the following in the central midfield would be great for options: Barry, McCarthy, Kagawa, Barkley, Pienaar.

Kagawa is a number 10, and playing him anywhere else is just not getting the best out of him.

He'd be a fairly pointless signing for us because Barkley is also a number 10, so you're really talking about playing one of them at a time. Trying to accommodate both of them in the side means one of them playing out of position (and no, I don't think Barkley is suited to playing as one of our two holding players - he does his best work in the final 3rd).

If you want to challenge then you need more than one player per position, Barkley is out and we are struggling to create.

We have no other "Number 10", but obviously you would not sign Kagawa to sit him on the bench.

Barkley can be a class act wherever he plays in central midfield, but I do like him in the role further forward

You're joking, right? He rarely plays at his favoured position.

He is brilliant behind the striker.

You say that but when Moyes has played him there 6-7 times for Utd this season when Rooney has been out suspended/injured, he's mostly been rank to the point where they've had to switch Jumanu in there instead to retain the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back