Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously struggling to comprehend why more and more seem to be wanting to sell Leighton Baines.

Reasons ive seen include: His age, we could get up to £16mil for him, Oviedo is better...

Hes had a less formidable season so far granted, due to a mixture of us not playing every single attack down the left like last year and an injury.

Why are people forgetting that he's our most gifted player, and the best left back in Europe?

Oviedo has done great, but the lad was in last chance saloon. He played well, full of purpose and adrenalin, showing that in the case of a Baines injury were arent so bad off....but....

Baines possess far more quality on the ball
Baines reads the game better - a combination of talent and experience
Needless to say Baines out-does Oviedo on the dead-ball front

So to those that would play Oviedo - Im generally interested... why? Because hes quicker?!

Finally (forgive me), I have seen people pointing to the reason of 'how we were playing with Baines out'...

As stated above, we dont just have the left-hand side anymore as an attacking focus - so what did Oviedo in that month that we are now missing?

All seems a little bonkers to me, but I am intrigued as to what you think?

I don't want to do any transfer business with Man Utd for the forseeable future, either sales or purchases.

Time to put some distance between the clubs.

Correct. He played the equivalent of 17 full games for United last season, and the majority of those weren't in his natural role.

Nowhere near enough to pass judgement on him.

he's dome the square root of toffeejack **** though. he has played a few games here and there in his favoured position and not done anything. i mean bilyletdinov was never ever played in his preferred position but even he did things of note.

thought he'd played more than 17 games tbh, but every time i've seen him he's been pretty annonymous. personally if someone's getting paid 80k a week, they should be good enough to play LAM as opposed to ACM, just drift inside with the ball and play it from there.

these people are on mass amounts of money, surely they can play more than one specific role?

Saw a suggestion we ought to get Berbatov (for £1.5M) if the Traore deal is off. I laughed at the suggestion at first but he certainly knows how to hold the ball up and scores a few too.

Crackin' suggestion for that price and if wage demands were reasonable. Would be more than adequate competition for Lukaku, and gives us time until the summer to invest in a young striker.

Especially if we got even two years out of him. Proven goal scorer and technician.

There is absolutely no chance Moyes would sell to Everton, he couldn't handle it if the player turned into a success, he'd get absolutely hammered.

Would love Hernandez but as mentioned, he can't play upfront on his own and thats what we ultimately need.

If the rumours about West Ham being in for Nocerino are true, we should definitely be interested.

I'd even take Borriello on loan as back up.

hasn't he only scored one or two this season? i think he's a bit too old now myself, not an everton player at all either, he'll get lambasted at GP for his lazy attitude i'd reckon.

he's dome the square root of toffeejack **** though. he has played a few games here and there in his favoured position and not done anything. i mean bilyletdinov was never ever played in his preferred position but even he did things of note.

thought he'd played more than 17 games tbh, but every time i've seen him he's been pretty annonymous. personally if someone's getting paid 80k a week, they should be good enough to play LAM as opposed to ACM, just drift inside with the ball and play it from there.

these people are on mass amounts of money, surely they can play more than one specific role?

Has any utd player stood out this season, apart from Rooney?

I think he would strive in many of the other top PL teams including ours.

Agree there mate, one of the best left backs we have ever had(and I can go back a few years) do these people actually see him play, it's quite unbelievable tbh..

Crackin' suggestion for that price and if wage demands were reasonable. Would be more than adequate competition for Lukaku, and gives us time until the summer to invest in a young striker.

Especially if we got even two years out of him. Proven goal scorer and technician.

Troublemaker is Berba. Steer clear lads.

My mate works for Fulham, says Berba is so big time it's untrue. All the players will be queuing up for lunch in the canteen and Berba just walks in the kitchen and points at what he wants. The guys a knob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back