Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
havier hernandez

Big rumours coming from old Trafford about hernandez wanting to leave for world cup playing time, £15M. He would fit right into evertons style of play and he works his arse off for the team. Would b a great signing for us. What does anyone think?

Big rumours coming from old Trafford about hernandez wanting to leave for world cup playing time, £15M. He would fit right into evertons style of play and he works his arse off for the team. Would b a great signing for us. What does anyone think?

He cant play as a lone striker though, hasnt got enough to his all round game.

...I think these are aspirational preferences. As far as I know he hasn't bee linked with us. For me, I'm not the biggest fan and don't particularly think he fits our style. RM likes a strong, mobile CF and Henandez is more of a sniffer.

That Macarthur stuff: anyone else think the official explanation is a load of rubbish? Someone his age taking badges and traveling to our training complex (during a transfer window) to talk to Martinez about coaching?

I think that's highly unlikely, tbh.

the bigger question is, two footballers the right side of 30 both turn up to finch farm the week before deadline day especially in one position our manager has said we need and the other we are selling?

I am not clued up on the matter but how often do players of other clubs visit our training ground? If not at all then there you go, if they do then it could be a whole lot of nothing.

the bigger question is, two footballers the right side of 30 both turn up to finch farm the week before deadline day especially in one position our manager has said we need and the other we are selling?

I am not clued up on the matter but how often do players of other clubs visit our training ground? If not at all then there you go, if they do then it could be a whole lot of nothing.

Let's put it this way: if one of ours turned up in a transfer window at another club's training ground, would you think he was taking advice from a former manager?

It's pretty suspicious.

I also think the McArthur story is "strange".
A player well known to RM and highly rated by him,a position that we badly need to cover and Wigan bring in a similar player on the same day.

I think this story just may have a bit more mileage.

Let's put it this way: if one of ours turned up in a transfer window at another club's training ground, would you think he was taking advice from a former manager?

It's pretty suspicious.

...if they needed to chat, surely a telephone or discreet meeting place would've been the way to go. Perhaps it was simply as is being reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back