Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have minded waiting a couple of weeks to see him play. But a month (at best) is ridiculous. In that time we've got away games at Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea, and an FA Cup 5th round tie assuming we win tomorrow. Lose those, and our challenge for 4th could be over and out of the Cup too. I'm not saying that I expect that to happen like, but treading water until March is not an option. We could really do with bringing another player now who can hit the ground running and provide another option up front.

Can see Traore been ready before that maybe /hopefully it's Martinez just wanting to give us a swerve ... Hopefully he will be ready soon ... My question is that is ? Is business done ? Deadline day won't be as exciting now !!!

Don't think the manager has to tell the truth in public. We surely don't want to force our hand to pay more for a target. He said McGeady won't sign till the summer and look where he is now. Martinez may keep his card close to his heart and that is understandable. I guess we will get another player on 31/1 and Heitinga will move on.

He's not gonna start blerting out 'I WANT A CM, I WANT A CM' is he? He could rock up to a club, ask about a player and they are all 'Well he really wants/needs him, so we'll charge them more'. Transfer business should stay private. Theres more in store on the transfer front, most definitely.

We have a week of the window left lads.

Just wait, our Bobby is working on an absolutely incredible signing.

Greg O'Keefe just explained to me on Twitter that the club are keeping the money from the player sales safe until the summer, apparently it's a plan!

So, we are 1 point off 4th, best chance of CL in years and they are keeping the powder dry?

Sorry but I just ain't buying it! Watch the Jelavic money disappear along with the profits from the summer window.

I really, really pray that I am wrong, but experience of this situation tells me I am not.

Greg O'Keefe just explained to me on Twitter that the club are keeping the money from the player sales safe until the summer, apparently it's a plan!

So, we are 1 point off 4th, best chance of CL in years and they are keeping the powder dry?

Sorry but I just ain't buying it! Watch the Jelavic money disappear along with the profits from the summer window.

I really, really pray that I am wrong, but experience of this situation tells me I am not.

It's probably because more suitable players are usually available in summer windows.

Roberto Martinez probably has his eye in a few players, and probably has more chance of getting them at the end of the season. Why spend big now on players who are stop gaps, when we can loan re-inforcements now, then use any money better in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back