Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that Traore and McGeady won't give us that extra push for the qualification. No need to waste money and potentially over pay for players that RM may not want just for the sake of adding to the squad

I don't know that. Neither do you.

I'm just saying, we're hanging onto the top teams by the skin of our teeth already, and with these injuries our chances are decreasing. It wouldn't harm us to actually bring in some decent players - ones who aren't already bloody injured. It'd increase our chances of reaching CL and making more money in the process. It's investment.

I'm just saying, we're hanging onto the top teams by the skin of our teeth already, and with these injuries our chances are decreasing. It wouldn't harm us to actually bring in some decent players - ones who aren't already bloody injured. It'd increase our chances of reaching CL and making more money in the process. It's investment.

I do know that you massively overpay for players in January

Right the people on here bleating on about spending the money to get CL football this season

Do you not think Martinez would spend the money he has if he could get the players he wants

90% Of the posters on here just want signings for the sake of signings, I bet my house that if we went out and spent 15m on a CM nobody had heard of from Spain/South America you would be all buzzing your tits off jizzing all over this forum

Players will arrive when the right ones are there to get at the right price, Sick of lads on here posting target after target because they sit on Football Manager every night and think there some world wide scout

For the sake of it LOL

Barkley. Deulofeu. Coleman. Pienaar.

Skin of our teeth?? One point from 4th, Been beaten twice all season, One of the best records against the top 5

Jog on

Right the people on here bleating on about spending the money to get CL football this season

Do you not think Martinez would spend the money he has if he could get the players he wants

90% Of the posters on here just want signings for the sake of signings, I bet my house that if we went out and spent 15m on a CM nobody had heard of from Spain/South America you would be all buzzing your tits off jizzing all over this forum

Players will arrive when the right ones are there to get at the right price, Sick of lads on here posting target after target because they sit on Football Manager every night and think there some world wide scout

this is so true. Point in case is Michy Batshuayi. Everybody was so hell bent on us signing him, but he is not the player to push us on to the top four. Too young and I'm not convinced of his quality. Traore brings more to the table, even if it's only a loan. Well played yet again by Roberto Martinez.

No, your stereotyping makes any valid points you have lose their value I am afraid.

I don't play CM or any other stupid game, so sorry again.

if you don't get my point, then you don't matter to me, as I have a very valid point.

We are closer than we have been for years in qualifying for CL. we are supposed to be financially sound according to RM.

So, we have 2 options, either keep the money we have from player sales, bring a couple of hopefuls in and pray they give us the extra push for CL qualification and get us on the gravy train.

Or, identify targets early, spend what is required to get them in and have a proper assault on a CL place.

Of course it is all a gamble, but we cannot afford to miss opportunities.

I appreciate it is not black and white, but it always seems like an excuse, and I am more worried that the money from player sales will vanish into thin air as it has done in the past.

Sorry if I don't fit into your stereotype.

HURR DURR We're not in fourth though, are we? And fresh injuries won't exacerbate things? smh.

So Spurs have no chance of 4th because there not currently in 4th place?

Have we not just signed two new players, Barkley/Coleman/Pienaar all back in the next 1-2 weeks

So Spurs have no chance of 4th because there not currently in 4th place?

Have we not just signed two new players, Barkley/Coleman/Pienaar all back in the next 1-2 weeks

Did I say we didn't have a chance? No.

Could any of those players - who are back within one or two weeks - get injured again, which would again highlight the lack of depth in our squad? It's possible. :)

There's a reason people want signings, and it's not just for the sake of it.

No, your stereotyping makes any valid points you have lose their value I am afraid.

I don't play CM or any other stupid game, so sorry again.

if you don't get my point, then you don't matter to me, as I have a very valid point.

We are closer than we have been for years in qualifying for CL. we are supposed to be financially sound according to RM.

So, we have 2 options, either keep the money we have from player sales, bring a couple of hopefuls in and pray they give us the extra push for CL qualification and get us on the gravy train.

Or, identify targets early, spend what is required to get them in and have a proper assault on a CL place.

Of course it is all a gamble, but we cannot afford to miss opportunities.

I appreciate it is not black and white, but it always seems like an excuse, and I am more worried that the money from player sales will vanish into thin air as it has done in the past.

Sorry if I don't fit into your stereotype.

So Martinez wants certain players but the club/player is not willing to do business until the summer, What then?

Could any of those players - who are back within one or two weeks - get injured again, which would again highlight the lack of depth in our squad? It's possible. :)

There's a reason people want signings, and it's not just for the sake of it[/I].

But that doesn't fit his "you are all CM playing buffoons" point, so probably won't get any recognition.

NAIL ON HEAD

There's a reason people want signings, and it's not just for the sake of it.

Have we not just signed a forward and a winger

Does that not give more depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back