Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't fit his "you are all CM playing buffoons" point, so probably won't get any recognition.

Still nobody has a response when I ask if the players he wants to bring in are not available then what does he do?

Sign anyone he can get his hands on to bolster the squad?

Throw silly money at a player worth half of the asking price?

Right the people on here bleating on about spending the money to get CL football this season

Do you not think Martinez would spend the money he has if he could get the players he wants

90% Of the posters on here just want signings for the sake of signings, I bet my house that if we went out and spent 15m on a CM nobody had heard of from Spain/South America you would be all buzzing your tits off jizzing all over this forum

Players will arrive when the right ones are there to get at the right price, Sick of lads on here posting target after target because they sit on Football Manager every night and think there some world wide scout

wadhat.gif

world cup this year, sure there will be a few shining unheard of stars. wait till summer for quality players, but please push for europe, my kids are doin my head in. where are we going on holiday. europe here we come.

Greg O'Keefe just explained to me on Twitter that the club are keeping the money from the player sales safe until the summer, apparently it's a plan!

So, we are 1 point off 4th, best chance of CL in years and they are keeping the powder dry?

Sorry but I just ain't buying it! Watch the Jelavic money disappear along with the profits from the summer window.

I really, really pray that I am wrong, but experience of this situation tells me I am not.

Cheers Greg. We've got loads to spend in the summer. Just like we always have loads in the summer.

Jesus wept, how many times do people have to have someone piss down their leg, get told that it's actually raining, before realising it defo is piss?

Here's to the summer bonanza of signings.

*shakes head*

No, your stereotyping makes any valid points you have lose their value I am afraid.

I don't play CM or any other stupid game, so sorry again.

if you don't get my point, then you don't matter to me, as I have a very valid point.

We are closer than we have been for years in qualifying for CL. we are supposed to be financially sound according to RM.

So, we have 2 options, either keep the money we have from player sales, bring a couple of hopefuls in and pray they give us the extra push for CL qualification and get us on the gravy train.

Or, identify targets early, spend what is required to get them in and have a proper assault on a CL place.

Of course it is all a gamble, but we cannot afford to miss opportunities.

I appreciate it is not black and white, but it always seems like an excuse, and I am more worried that the money from player sales will vanish into thin air as it has done in the past.

Sorry if I don't fit into your stereotype.

Your talking rubbish mate!

Your way doesn't guarentee CL qualification anyway. Spend 20M on players he doesn't really want? Why?

Which is why we'll wait 'till summer. In January it's easy to throw good money after bad.

Roberto probably has targets who will move in the summer. Best to keep the kitty until then.

I know, more than happy to wait so RM can get the players he wants for the right price; which was quite evident with McGeady, basically said he was prepared to wait until they managed to strike up a good deal. He's a canny operator is our Bob

Think the summer will be fun, a very good summer

Still nobody has a response when I ask if the players he wants to bring in are not available then what does he do?

I'm with Del all over this thread really. Why spend over the odds now, when we can bolster the squad as we have done, then push for the real transfer targets in May onwards?

Sorry, I was getting to that.

If we make an approach for someone I will stand corrected, but we haven't, so there is no evidence that this is the case.

Fair play! I really hope I am proved wrong.

But the reason we are having this conversation is that Everton's leading journo just told me that we are keeping the powder dry, hence me bringing it up.

p.s. I never said we would sign Jones by the way!

You went into meltdown tho exactly like you're doing now.

I'm with Del all over this thread really. Why spend over the odds now, when we can bolster the squad as we have done, then push for the real transfer targets in May onwards?

Because we're fighting for a CL spot now? With all this money we apparently have, I'm sure he could find some decent cover for Barkley for now until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back