Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAWN.............The record needs changing ,you´ve been playing it for for 6 years.

It's funny you should mention 6 years: did you know that in the last 6 years Everton have punched above their weight for practically no net spend..and that this amazing miracle is set fair for the next 6 years?

Maybe this summer we'll see that trend broken though.

SUMMER!

Because we're fighting for a CL spot now? With all this money we apparently have, I'm sure he could find some decent cover for Barkley for now until the end of the season.

Yet we have added to the squad. We've signed two actual players.

We've signed two attacking players, while also retaining whatever transfer funds there were for summer use.

Lets hope that there will be spme very serious strengthening to our squad in the summer, we will need it.

We've got the rest of the Fellaini money, the Jelavic money and the 25M off the new tv deal.

Of course we'll be spending money. We're brewstered lad.

We've been carrying money forward to the next window for as long as I can remember. New manager in the summer, negative spend, ah well on to January, slow market, negative spend, on to the summer....

Don't see how a world cup summer is the ideal time to do business either. Of course, by then everyone will be so paranoid about Barkley that keeping him will be the deadline victory.

What's telling in all of this is the wage bill, a Jelavic and Heitinga sized hole has been filled and if anyone comes in in the summer (no matter what the fee), expect a similarly well paid departure.

Still nobody has a response when I ask if the players he wants to bring in are not available then what does he do?

Sign anyone he can get his hands on to bolster the squad?

Throw silly money at a player worth half of the asking price?

Fernando at Porto. The lad has 6 months left on his contract. Porto's whole business model is to sign cheap and sell high. Would it not make sense they would try to get ANYTHING out of his last 6 months as opposed to letting him just walk?

*edit* and yes i know this is pure speculation on my part.

Have to be honest, the fact that Traore won't be able to play until the last ten games of the season is a bit ridiculous.

What happens if Lukaku gets an injury in the next week or two ? We're screwed.

Yet we have added to the squad. We've signed two actual players.

We've signed two attacking players, while also retaining whatever transfer funds there were for summer use.

I hope you are right.

However, we go into the derby with still only 1 real striker on the books, that could probably have been avoided and I hope it still is.

It's funny you should mention 6 years: did you know that in the last 6 years Everton have punched above their weight for practically no net spend..and that this amazing miracle is set fair for the next 6 years?

Maybe this summer we'll see that trend broken though.

SUMMER!

Dave you sound like a kopite going on about Net Spend. For the last 6 years we've maintained a consistent league position and challenged for Europe with an outside hope of CL. We, like the other 16 clubs in the league, do not have the financial clout to bring in the top end world class players.

Net spend, net spend blah blah blah

We've been carrying money forward to the next window for as long as I can remember. New manager in the summer, negative spend, ah well on to January, slow market, negative spend, on to the summer....

Don't see how a world cup summer is the ideal time to do business either. Of course, by then everyone will be so paranoid about Barkley that keeping him will be the deadline victory.

What's telling in all of this is the wage bill, a Jelavic and Heitinga sized hole has been filled and if anyone comes in in the summer (no matter what the fee), expect a similarly well paid departure.

Have faith mate. THIS summer the club keeps it's promises.

The point is we might well have money to spend in the summer (where have we heard that before) but the point is we are one point off 4th, with a realistic chance to get 4th we get mcgeady in (decent signing) and tarore who won't be match fit for another month. If that is our business finished, we might have a new manager but we are still stuck with the same unambitious board, who are holding us back. 40m in sales of players since last summer and we have probably spent just over half of it. We have blown our best chance in years to kick on to try and get the top 4.

You can hardly blame people for being worried our funds will disappear. Somehow I think Bobby has control of the situation though.

We have to have near £20m knocking about, and if we do I expect summer to be fruitful. My prediction is, he'll lob it all at Chelsea for Lukaku and if they reject us he'll go for Batshuayi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back