Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave you sound like a kopite going on about Net Spend. For the last 6 years we've maintained a consistent league position and challenged for Europe with an outside hope of CL. We, like the other 16 clubs in the league, do not have the financial clout to bring in the top end world class players.

Net spend, net spend blah blah blah

I tell you what mate, we dont need Kopites when there's Evertonians willing to believe the tripe from the club about jam tomorrow.

Wake up will you.

*next summer*
FFS.

You can hardly blame people for being worried our funds will disappear. Somehow I think Bobby has control of the situation though.

We have to have near £20m knocking about, and if we do I expect summer to be fruitful. My prediction is, he'll lob it all at Chelsea for Lukaku and if they reject us he'll go for Batshuayi.

Mate, if there's 20M spent in the summer you KNOW it'll mean we've sold big again.

You can almost guarantee another profitable summer for the board again when Martinez sees the next window slam shut like his first two will have: with a negative net spend.

You can hardly blame people for being worried our funds will disappear. Somehow I think Bobby has control of the situation though.

We have to have near £20m knocking about, and if we do I expect summer to be fruitful. My prediction is, he'll lob it all at Chelsea for Lukaku and if they reject us he'll go for Batshuayi.
£20m now and dont forget the bulk of the tv money too. thats an extra £20m at least. Whether THAT would even be touched on for sales is a question i dont want to think about right now lest i wind up crying into my ale.

Dave you sound like a kopite going on about Net Spend. For the last 6 years we've maintained a consistent league position and challenged for Europe with an outside hope of CL. We, like the other 16 clubs in the league, do not have the financial clout to bring in the top end world class players.

Net spend, net spend blah blah blah

Yep............

I'm just saying, we're hanging onto the top teams by the skin of our teeth already, and with these injuries our chances are decreasing. It wouldn't harm us to actually bring in some decent players - ones who aren't already bloody injured. It'd increase our chances of reaching CL and making more money in the process. It's investment.

Haven't watched much this season, have you? Which of Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Tottenham aren't "hanging onto the top teams?"

"The Summer isnt a good window for buying players."

So when is a good window? Surely bigger choice in summer and longer to tie up deals.

I know it would have been ideal to have really got a few players in now but have to look at what is available, I think Roberto is keeping an eye open.

Have to be honest, the fact that Traore won't be able to play until the last ten games of the season is a bit ridiculous.

What happens if Lukaku gets an injury in the next week or two ? We're screwed.

He'll be involved next week. Roberto means he needs a bedding in period but so would a new signing so loan or permenant, it's irrelevant.

Mirallas will play there, where he plays for Belgium and he'll do very well there IMO.

The point is we might well have money to spend in the summer (where have we heard that before) but the point is we are one point off 4th, with a realistic chance to get 4th we get mcgeady in (decent signing) and tarore who won't be match fit for another month. If that is our business finished, we might have a new manager but we are still stuck with the same unambitious board, who are holding us back. 40m in sales of players since last summer and we haveprobably spent just over half of it. We have blown our best chance in years to kick on to try and get the top 4.

Focus on the bolded words only....... pretty much sums it all up doesn't it

He'll be involved next week. Roberto means he needs a bedding in period but so would a new signing so loan or permenant, it's irrelevant.

Mirallas will play there, where he plays for Belgium and he'll do very well there IMO.

He said pretty clearly in the interview that he wouldn't be available until the last ten games of the season mate, not that he'd need a bedding in period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back