Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is a discussion forum isn't it?? And what's the name of this thread... Silly Season January 2014?? Seems odd that we'd be discussing any players what so ever then.

haha touchy touchy mate.

I think silly season refers to the fact we will be linked to every man and his dog. So yeah I guess speculating about players is perfect for in here. My point is that there seems to be detailed discussion about Pato, when I havent seen a single sh!te newspaper even link him to us.

I meant no harm, so chill your beans.

Whilst we are on topic, what about Cristiano Ronaldo? Silly Season innit? x

Are we really discussing the possibility of signing Pato??? Do we not think he might want european football if he was to come back from south america?

Hes not the player he was, but hes certainly entitled to at least a europa league club.

Hes the sort of signing we could look at if we were to get 4th this year. Before then, what do we have to offer the likes of Pato, an elite player with no affinity to the club, nothing.

Kenwyne Jones/McGeady/Donovan/Long are all much more realistic targets of Bobbys IMO

HEY Bo Derek you've just made me flaccid, if Martinez wastes our limited budget on that list of ****e he deserves the boot

HEY Bo Derek you've just made me flaccid, if Martinez wastes our limited budget on that list of ****e he deserves the boot

hahaha

fair enough!

But they are more realistic arent they? and Martinez has got more right than he has wrong so id trust him with our £35 transfer budget.

You never know he may pull a rabbit out a hat. Fernando maybe? Never seen him play but seems we were close in Jan.

I really like Jedinak at Palace you know, very decent player.

First time ive really watched him, ive heard big things, but he really looks terrible.

Clearly hes bang out of form and very short on confidence, so im willing to watch him a few more times.

This is why Chelsea's strategy of buying up all the best young talent will backfire. If anything they are destroying promising careers by stock piling players and then sending them out here there and everywhere. It's why I feel we have a chance with Lukaku, he appears an intelligent man. Agents and hangers on are as much to blame for the current sitations at the few rich clubs. I cannot understand why any player would sooner sign for a club where he might play 1 in 4 matches, or remain a key member of a side elsewhere.

Pato isn't that unrealistic, he's turbo gash these days.

Don't think he's the kind of player we need anyway to be honest. Need someone a bit bigger and stronger IMO. Think he's the kind of player that spurs or liverpool sign and then he fails to adapt to the league.

haha touchy touchy mate.

I think silly season refers to the fact we will be linked to every man and his dog. So yeah I guess speculating about players is perfect for in here. My point is that there seems to be detailed discussion about Pato, when I havent seen a single sh!te newspaper even link him to us.

I meant no harm, so chill your beans.

Whilst we are on topic, what about Cristiano Ronaldo? Silly Season innit? x

We don't have to be linked with someone to have a convo about a player and double so when he is being linked to teams below us in the leauge. I think that's where the talk about him has emerged from. If he was playing champions leauge football at millan and it was a few years ago still we wouldn't be having this talk, but he's not and its not so talk about him comming here seems valid to me.

On the other hand I also like the look of jedinak to. But I don't know weather he's good enuff if we are going to be pushing for 4th spot. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back