Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jelavic will be gone in January, no doubt he wants games to try and get him back into the world cup squad for Croatia. Been informed that Kenwyne Jones could be bought for temp cover until the summer when Martinez can acquire his main target ( No idea who that is though )

Kenwyne Jones?

michael-scott-no.gif

Jelavic will be gone in January, no doubt he wants games to try and get him back into the world cup squad for Croatia. Been informed that Kenwyne Jones could be bought for temp cover until the summer when Martinez can acquire his main target ( No idea who that is though )

Heitinga will probably want more playing time too in an attempt to get back in with the Oranje.

Don't think we'll get much for either of them, but there's no reason to have them sitting on our bench, really.

We're not after Kenwyne Jones haha. If Jelavic goes we'll try for Alfred Finnbogason or someone of a similar age.

If we haven't sold Jelavic by the last week of the window he'll be staying.

Heitinga, jelavic, baines, gueye to go I think.

Bruno martins-indi is a good shout and we were linked in the summer. Happy with him and a couple of john stones type signings--perhaps the 3 scottish kids from dundee...though we do need another forward.

Heitinga, jelavic, baines, gueye to go I think.

Bruno martins-indi is a good shout and we were linked in the summer. Happy with him and a couple of john stones type signings--perhaps the 3 scottish kids from dundee...though we do need another forward.

Silly money being talked about for Ryan Gauld from Dundee..the Scottish Roo...Barkley?:huh:

Although i do think we could possibly get Pato in terms of money (12 million or slightly less) i don't think we could afford his wages and there's no way in hell Pato would choose us over some of the clubs like Arsenal. Yes, you can use Mirallas as an example but just don't see it with this one.

really?? interesting...im not convinced he will want to go! i think martinez will sell, only if hes got targets lined up..if he sold baines im guessing we could have about 30 mill to spend??

Think he does want to go mate. He wanted to go in August. Oviedo's emergence has made this a bit easier.

Although i do think we could possibly get Pato in terms of money (12 million or slightly less) i don't think we could afford his wages and there's no way in hell Pato would choose us over some of the clubs like Arsenal. Yes, you can use Mirallas as an example but just don't see it with this one.

Wages are a crucial factor, it's like when people say we should sign Dzecko, great shout if you forget about wages.

You're overrating Pato. Injuries have ruined him, he's not good enough for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back