Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Always far too injured.

Had the worst type of injuries for a speedy player also, with all those hamstring injuries

Agreed, so many injuries in his career so far.

However he managed 57 games last year so hopefully he stays fit from now on.

Having given up on jelavic ever finding form again, I reckon a good striker who can put pressure on lukaku would be a shrewd move. The big man is going to need a rest at some stage.

Hopefully RM discovers some amazing Spanish fleet footed net busting goal machine and brings him to Goodison in Jan!

Don't know if he's been mentioned before, but what about someone like Adebayor? I know he's a bit of a knob but he seems to do well at teams for a season or 2 before becoming gash. If Spurs want to ship him out in Jan, perhaps there's a small fee to be agreed (probably not with Levy involved). He is proven in the prem and perhaps makes more sense than getting an unknowner in midway through the season.

Anyway, could be an interesting window with players all over the world wanting to get on the plane to Brazil.

Don't know if he's been mentioned before, but what about someone like Adebayor? I know he's a bit of a knob but he seems to do well at teams for a season or 2 before becoming gash. If Spurs want to ship him out in Jan, perhaps there's a small fee to be agreed (probably not with Levy involved). He is proven in the prem and perhaps makes more sense than getting an unknowner in midway through the season.

Anyway, could be an interesting window with players all over the world wanting to get on the plane to Brazil.

No

He's ****e, he's expensive..and a whole lot of other reasons I can't even be bothered to give but I'm sure others will

How about we strengthen our push for champions league (and beyond) by not increasing the squad one bit?

If/when we sell Baines, coupled with selling Heitinga and Jelavic. Yet recall Garbutt from loan, Sign Bruno Martins Indi from Feynord (is it?) and sign the right sort of striker (insert name here) and the squad is instantly stronger minus Baines set pieces. Perhaps bring another midfielder in on loan to cover the strain of winning every week and our trips to wembley to cover Gibson but either way the squad itself would be stronger itself.

Playing devil's advocate here how about we sign Ben Arfa? He can be magical if played right and last 18 month of contract (i think).

The most important thing is adding to our squad quality (if not depth) in january as i hope to god that our only business in the summer if need be is signing lukaku.

How about we strengthen our push for champions league (and beyond) by not increasing the squad one bit?

If/when we sell Baines, coupled with selling Heitinga and Jelavic. Yet recall Garbutt from loan, Sign Bruno Martins Indi from Feynord (is it?) and sign the right sort of striker (insert name here) and the squad is instantly stronger minus Baines set pieces. Perhaps bring another midfielder in on loan to cover the strain of winning every week and our trips to wembley to cover Gibson but either way the squad itself would be stronger itself.

Playing devil's advocate here how about we sign Ben Arfa? He can be magical if played right and last 18 month of contract (i think).

The most important thing is adding to our squad quality (if not depth) in january as i hope to god that our only business in the summer if need be is signing lukaku.

Da fuk?

How ace would it be to think our chairman and board might look at us performing so well in the league and think that a slight investment in the squad could put us in the Champions League.

Obviously it'll be minus net spend again, but it'd be so amazing if one day that could happen.

How ace would it be to think our chairman and board might look at us performing so well in the league and think that a slight investment in the squad could put us in the Champions League.

Obviously it'll be minus net spend again, but it'd be so amazing if one day that could happen.

Where's the slight investment money Bill?

never helped us in the past. we were in a great position last season too. And what did we get? John Stones.. that's it.

never helped us in the past. we were in a great position last season too. And what did we get? John Stones.. that's it.

That may have been the fault of "dithering Dave" though. Apparently we did have money available. Moyes just couldn't pull the trigger on anyone.

I'm fully expecting Baines to be sold by the way. 16-20 million goes a lot farther than having 2 excellent left backs and the ability to only play one of them.

Jelavic will be gone in January, no doubt he wants games to try and get him back into the world cup squad for Croatia. Been informed that Kenwyne Jones could be bought for temp cover until the summer when Martinez can acquire his main target ( No idea who that is though )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back