Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lukaku gets injured Kev slots in and Aiden/Del play in his postion

Not hard is it

Not sure why you're so desperate to defend selling our only senior backup striker and replacing him with one who has a hamstring injury. It's a gamble. Not hard to see that.

As for Mirallas, he's never suited to the lone striker role.

Not sure why you're so desperate to defend selling our only senior backup striker and replacing him with one who has a hamstring injury. It's a gamble. Not hard to see that.

its a gamble but a small one

Kev could easily fill in there for 1-2 weeks no sweat

I think we all have a valid reason to worry about money really being available for "the next windows" but even if we dont spend all the money we are suppose to have during the summer we can definitely trust Martinez will do everything he can to improve the squad. Be it by going for cheap yet talented players like McGeady, Alacaraz and Robles, giving some of our best youngsters a chance or by making great use of the loan system.

Going to predict Heitinga and Gueye going out with a CM and Ince coming in.

Ince makes a lot of sense, still young, cheap and has some raw talent and IMO would be excited by playing under someone like Martinez.

CM no idea.

So Lukaku does a Falcao tomorrow, we are looking at playing Osman, Naismith and Gueye on Tuesday.

I think thats what Brunnun is getting at and its a valid point, thats the nature of a "gamble" tho I suppose.

So Lukaku does a Falcao tomorrow, we are looking at playing Osman, Naismith and Gueye on Tuesday.

I think thats what Brunnun is getting at and its a valid point, thats the nature of a "gamble" tho I suppose.

Lukaku doesn't need to get his arse out of bed tomorrow as far as I am concerned. Take the day off Romelu lad, get yourself mentally prepared for a big game on Tuesday.

Yep.

Martinez should be just as liable to criticism as Moyes was when he failed to strengthen properly last January.

We've signed McGeady which is a good move, but the glaring issues of CM and Striker haven't been properly resolved. Moyes was ripped to shreds over Fer and not getting anybody else in.

If Lukaku doesn't get injured and we get a CM in before the window shuts then sound. If not we may be struggling for the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back