Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traore hasnt got a serious injury though, hes not out for long?
I think we can easily manage with kev playing behind the striker if need be, ross will be back and deulofeu is due back this week, mcgeady and also oviedo can play on the left or right if need be.
I think the main problem we should be looking at is CM, one serious injury away from big problems.

We are one serious injury away from Osmanarama!!!

Tbh I think anything still could happen yet. Martinez very much plays the game with transfers.

Personally I think we will see 1 more on deadline day, maybe 2 if the right players are available. At the same time I think he'd also go with what we'v got if the right players are not available.

The 2 deals we have done were not really complicated. Players and clubs were happy for them to go. Other targets where the selling club are not really desperate for them to go are invietabley going to drag on till deadline day.

Its time Everton fans done something about it though. Did you see how LFC got rid of ex owners? They went on mad protests before every game. My memory may be wrong but I can't remember us doing what they done. Just my opinion

What do you exspect when they where continually rapping there family's over and over again.

Bobby said we'd end the window stronger than we were.

Are we stronger with Traore and McGeady in and losing Jela?

If we end this window like that, it's been an utter falure and a wasted opportunity.

The manager said before and during the early part of the window that we needed to replace Gibson. That hasn't happened and you''ve got to believe he hasn't been able to due to finances.

We have 7M in through the door and not that much out, when we're crying out for another one in at least. That's the bottom line.

What do you exspect when they where continually rapping there family's over and over again.

Don't want to take this thread off on a tangent, but that's simply overstating the influence the fans had on the change. The simple truth is that Hicks & Gillet HAD to sell or have the banks foreclose on the club. The banks decided to sell not the owners and it was a financially driven decision not influenced one iota by fan power regardless what the kopites would have you believe.

We've got 16 games left to play, Martinez has said Traore will feature in the last 9-10 games. That's not 1-2 weeks injured.

He didn't say that at all...he implied that during the run in, thats the last ten games, Traore would come into his own. He did not say he would not feature until the last ten games. Got it now? It tells me that Martinez expects to be in the mix for the run in, and is setting his stall out now for that time. All the 'periferal' players will naturally be very useful to us then, to cover injuroes, tiredness and loss of form. Its called thinking ahead.

Tbh I think anything still could happen yet. Martinez very much plays the game with transfers.

Personally I think we will see 1 more on deadline day, maybe 2 if the right players are available. At the same time I think he'd also go with what we'v got if the right players are not available.

I've a feeling that he's waiting to see what happens with Heitinga. If he gets an offer for Heitinga then he'll bring in another squad player.

If we end this window like that, it's been an utter falure and a wasted opportunity.

The manager said before and during the early part of the window that we needed to replace Gibson. That hasn't happened and you''ve got to believe he hasn't been able to due to finances.

We have 7M in through the door and not that much out, when we're crying out for another one in at least. That's the bottom line.
I'm to stand by the board until Martinez isn't given the money to spend in summer, but i do agree that we need a midfielder to reinforce, particularly with osmans less than great form, the longterm injury of gibson and barkleys toe.

Christ how many times are you going to pedal this nonsense? Martinez has confirmed he has money but does not want to spend it now. You think he's lying, and is protecting Bill cos that's what side his bread is buttered? If Martinez thought he would not be gettin the money he's brought into the club he'd walk. You post groundless negative garbage when we should all be on the up

Last edited:

Where's the undisclosed transfer fees Bill?

The 2 deals we have done were not really complicated. Players and clubs were happy for them to go. Other targets where the selling club are not really desperate for them to go are invietabley going to drag on till deadline day.

I agree. The games the game.

Loose lips sinks ships

Anyone else notice a brief grin as Martinez was asked whether there would be anymore business this month?

IT'S ON LADS!

I still believe!
There's a quote in the Liverpool Echo from RM today saying "Lacina will be the last arrival (this window)". So I hope you're right that there could be one more. I also recall him saying we need two in (if no one leaves). But if anyone leaves they will be replaced. So with Jelavic going we are still one short if thats what he meant. If Heitinga goes (which is likely) he should be replaced; otherwise it could be two in two out which doesnt give us more depth.

Don't want to take this thread off on a tangent, but that's simply overstating the influence the fans had on the change. The simple truth is that Hicks & Gillet HAD to sell or have the banks foreclose on the club. The banks decided to sell not the owners and it was a financially driven decision not influenced one iota by fan power regardless what the kopites would have you believe.

This is exactly it. It was a complete stitch up. They were in administration but for some reason no one said those words, and so they didn't get a points deduction. The bank appointed an administrator who sold the club. The fans had absolutely nothing to do with it and if the bank hadn't put that guy in (can't remember his name now) then Hicks and Gillette would have held on for even longer.

There is always the chance of an opportunistic late deadline day deal but I think it would be just that, opportunistic. We may see an u-21 player for the future if one of the Dundee United kids can be had but their club probably wants to hold on to the end of the season. I think we're taking a gamble as fresh CM legs would be really useful for depth/cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back