Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left back cover isn't the biggest issue imo, we've got Distin and Barry who can both play there in a pinch and Baines would be very unlucky to have a long stint out of action after already being injured this season.

The real problem is the loss of utility which Oviedo offers, both as a left back but also on the left or right side of midfield. We're already light in midfield and this just reinforces the need for a central midfielder who can play out wide in a pinch.

Last edited:
Ince ? Or Taylor from Swansea as a cover in the left back role but can see Martinez bringing in a winger ince would be my guess

Bobby's just confirmed interest from italy (roma?) and turkey (gala?) for Johnny, think itd be best if we let him go and bring a quality cb who can play left back too, seems the best option IMO.

I think Garbutt's going to be recalled. It's so easy for players to get a string of injuries so I wouldn't count on Distin, Jags, and Baines being injury free for the rest of the season. Bringing in Garbutt + a midfielder is a must.

Kenwright.........

Chequebook-001.jpg

I think we need to get a midfielder in. The injury to Oviedo is bad, but maybe now we will have to look at strengthening even more and getting a quality player rather than a utility/squad addition.

I think we need to get a midfielder in. The injury to Oviedo is bad, but maybe now we will have to look at strengthening even more and getting a quality player rather than a utility/squad addition.

We needed that extra m/f player in before this Oviedo injury; without a shadow of a doubt we need at least one in now before the deadline.

If the club aren't bringing in players this week, we can take it that a decision has been made that the injury crisis has scuppered the season and we will regroup for next season.

CM is the priority. Barry can play at LB comfortably if required

If required insinuates an injury to Baines, which then means we're light in CM if Barry goes to LB so that insinuates Ozzie alongside McCarthy whilst waiting for Barkley and Gibbo to get fit again - not for me thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back