Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they need to address Oveido?

Luke Garbutt is out on loan. Cover.

You'd just see us waste money when it should be spent properly. Securing Lukaku etc

Luke Garbutt is 20 years of age, currently out on loan getting some much needed playing time in the hope that at some point he will be ready to slot into the first team or is utterly rubbish and we have loaned him out in order to try and sell him.

Either way, he has yet to play a first team game for Everton, I personally dont consider him "cover" for a team thats hoping to break into the top 4 and win the FA Cup.

Maybe hes the next Baines or maybe not, only Martinez will know that answer I suppose.

Luke Garbutt is 20 years of age, currently out on loan getting some much needed playing time in the hope that at some point he will be ready to slot into the first team or is utterly rubbish and we have loaned him out in order to try and sell him.

Either way, he has yet to play a first team game for Everton, I personally dont consider him "cover" for a team thats hoping to break into the top 4 and win the FA Cup.

Maybe hes the next Baines or maybe not, only Martinez will know that answer I suppose.

I will go with the former

Got 45 mins last year vs Orient. Remember being pleased about it at the time.

Bryan, I was even still quite hopeful at the start of the window - especially when RM stated we'd leave this window stronger than going in. This past few days has shaken my faith in this feller now. Not his fault like...you lie down with dogs like Kenwright and you get covered in fleas. He's still a boss feller and manager like, but I'll take a huge pinch of salt when he starts talking about transfer budgets in the future.

Really disillusioned with this lot now. We have a great chance to do something and it's being thrown down the toilet again.

Heartbreaking it is.

Still...we'll spend loads in the summer...I suppose.

Dave, really what do you expect?

I'm not Board bashing, but with an operating loss and a negative value balance sheet what can they do?

They're not going to invest/can't invest, and even with greater TV revenues in the future can't secure greater borrowings.

Hands are tied (yes, we can argue who is to blame) but this window is a good as we can realistically expect. We can fantasize about more, but that's what it is,....... a fantasy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back