Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mirror reported at the weekend that Everton had contacted Valencia and were keen on taking 22 year old Sergio Canales on loan or a in permanent deal. The player has been in and out of the Valencia side but isn't in the cold at the club and a move would be a gamble for a player whose career needs to settle down.

Local Valencia newspaper Super Deporte asked fans of the club if they wanted him to leave and they overwhelmingly replied that he shouldn't be going anywhere, but he has other ideas. Marca today say that it's Canales insisting on a transfer and that Valencia are trying to make a move possible during this window.

They don't want a loan, a permanent deal is their only concern because they'd rather not find themselves in this situation again. Much as it's impossible not to have sympathy with Canales over the injuries earlier in his career, this demand to move seems rash to say the least.

Valencia want to recover their investment so a buying club would have to pay around £6m to £7m for the player. He didn't train on Tuesday, which has been put down to gastroenteritis but there will be a suspicion that it coincides perfectly with the end of the window.

Canales is very talented, that's why Real Madrid bought him, and if he fulfills his his early promise then he'd be a good signing for anyone. He's started 13 games for Valencia so far this season and made a further 14 substitute appearances, he'd have to be confident to think he could better that at Everton.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...-to-leave-his-club-and-missed-training-on-tue

I thought I would take this opportunity to get this thread back on track...b)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/john-guidetti-angry-stoke-city-loan

We should have put a bid in for that lad and tested City with a 5/6m bid. He could have saved Everton a few quid in the summer. If he gets going for Stoke he'll move out of our range.

Talent wise I agree it would have been a decent buy, but from those comments after 2 games with them Its a swerve from me.

The lad has barely featured in top flight football and yet feels justified in making remarks such as 'we have a problem' should he not play in the next game!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/john-guidetti-angry-stoke-city-loan

We should have put a bid in for that lad and tested City with a 5/6m bid. He could have saved Everton a few quid in the summer. If he gets going for Stoke he'll move out of our range.

Got a bit of an ego on him by the sounds of it; nothing wrong with having belief in your own talent and ability, but keep them conversations between you and your manager. He'll be a nightmare when he's older, sounds a bit like good old Bendtner

Talent wise I agree it would have been a decent buy, but from those comments after 2 games with them Its a swerve from me.

The lad has barely featured in top flight football and yet feels justified in making remarks such as 'we have a problem' should he not play in the next game!

Mark Highes though! I could see how that bellend would get on anyone's nerves.

His form at Feyenoord in a decent league was spectacular. He'll surely come good again.

I see Newcastle have also tied up De Jong from Moechengladbach...another one with an impressive record in Holland.

You think martinez couldn't have handled it better?

I do. Hughes is an old skool dinosaur.

I htink the best left field signings we could make are;

1. Hatem Ben Arfa- Last 18 months of contract (if he hasn't re signed) very talented player. He would fit our team perfectly well, with him and kev out wide. A deal for the summer would be better but Newcastle will struggle to keep him as they aren't playing him. Nothing to do with him, they just play better without him in team with gouffran/sissoko out wide.

2. Clement Grenier- Attacking midfielder, aparantly now linked to Newcastle! Full of promise and potential, only 22 and would be a great rotational player will barkely, especially as both can play deeper. Would cost a few pounds but you pay for quality as they say.

3. Johnathan Dos Santos- Barca midfielder in the squad now after being promoted from the B team. The type of midfielder that is schooled in our tactics already and could have a good future ahead of him. Not the biggst or strongest but Barca will deal as he will soon be displaced by the next generation of young stars coming through ala rafina and co.

4. Stefan de Vilj- We have been linked with his collegue bruno but Stefan would be perfect as a long term replacement for Jags. first team with Feynord at the age of 21 speaks for itself and the lad has a very bright future if the right club comes along. May only command a feee of around 5-6 million, which for a centre half with a bright future is not bad.

5. Jese rodriguez- Very far left field this one but if Real could be tempted into a deal, with them spending money at the same time we could get a gem on our hands. Can play right through the attacking 3, great shot, great work rate and the type of lad that will only get better. May only go for 5-6 million himself if they have a multimillion pound player to replace him with (suarez?)

Now i know we arent going to be going for any of the above but if we showed a little ambition then thse tpyes of players are affordable and available in the right curcumstances.

If we can all dream then maybe they will one day come true.

I htink the best left field signings we could make are;

1. Hatem Ben Arfa- Last 18 months of contract (if he hasn't re signed) very talented player. He would fit our team perfectly well, with him and kev out wide. A deal for the summer would be better but Newcastle will struggle to keep him as they aren't playing him. Nothing to do with him, they just play better without him in team with gouffran/sissoko out wide.

Lazy, disinterested, inconsistent.

Anyone who would want him in their team is nuts.

I'm telling you lads, Kevin Kampl is who we need. Equally capable in DM, CM and AM, 23 years old with years to develop, relatively cheap and he likes his haircuts:

kevin_828045202.jpg

Ince to Stoke...
Nice - why anyone would want to play for Stoke, live in Stoke or have to communicate on a daily basis with Mark Hughes is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back