Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt has been a very big talent throughout youth football. Naturally doesn't mean he'll make the step up but he's been doing very well in the past two seasons on loan.

Its far too early to write him off same as its too early to say he will make it.

Well the fact he has first team football is a plus.

The way some think on here you'll never bring young players through.

Barkley they want to play too early. Others they don't want to play at all.

This is about saving money; it becomes a transfer budget multiplier. Not having to spend cash unnecessarily.

Because we bring through our own.

They probably thought Baines was mega gash too at Garbutts age!

I don't watch the youth team so i cannot say who is decent and who isn't like others on here.

But over the past few years i was led to believe Garbutt was worth getting into trouble to bring to the club anf therefore must have something about him?

The problem with the older youth players is that they were left to rot under Moyes and therefore they aren't as far along as they should be, something Martinez came out and said in the summer.

So i will trust roberto on this, if he wants to blood youngsters or play them as part of the team then let him. Rather see our own doing the job in the team then johnny foreigner who cost 10 million.

I have always said i would much rather play young players with massive potential and have them make mistakes but learn from them, rather than wait until they are ready and risk stunting their growth. That is why Barkley is such an entertaining player for me this year, he has had some terrible moments in games, Fulham second half for example. But when he starts playing it is as good as i have ever seen at Goodison.

1) Regarding the game in question he was woeful. Like all players have been woeful in at least one game during their career.

2) I think the fact I put 'VAULT ME.' indicates that I may have been joking.
Hilarious fail at arse saving attempt.

Defender Luke Garbutt has been recalled from his loan spell at Colchester United.

The left-back, 20, has been with the League One outfit since September but will now be available for first-team selection with immediate effect.

A successful loan spell at the Colchester Community Stadium saw Garbutt score three goals in 20 appearances and he leaves the club 12th in the table, eight points clear of the relegation zone.

Blues boss Roberto Martinez had been left short of cover for first-choice left-back Leighton Baines following the broken leg suffered by Bryan Oviedo in Saturday's game at Stevenage.

Garbutt has made one first team outing for Everton, as a substitute in last season's Capital One Cup second round win over Leyton Orient.

Defender Luke Garbutt has been recalled from his loan spell at Colchester United.

The left-back, 20, has been with the League One outfit since September but will now be available for first-team selection with immediate effect.

A successful loan spell at the Colchester Community Stadium saw Garbutt score three goals in 20 appearances and he leaves the club 12th in the table, eight points clear of the relegation zone.

Blues boss Roberto Martinez had been left short of cover for first-choice left-back Leighton Baines following the broken leg suffered by Bryan Oviedo in Saturday's game at Stevenage.

Garbutt has made one first team outing for Everton, as a substitute in last season's Capital One Cup second round win over Leyton Orient.

another goalscoring fullback!

That has to be good news, surely? He's been Colchester's best player actually.

Funnily enough, my auntie is a Colchester fan and I'm supposed to ring her today, so I'll do a bit of faux scouting and see what her opinion of him is (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back