Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst many are in premature fume, what would you say if Roberto came out and said "listen up Blues, Club X have offered Bale-esque money for Barkley and Coleman combined....but we won't spend it till the Summer, even though they leave tonight"?

Would it be fume overload, or would you consider it a reasonable thing to do...ie. sell the crown jewels but wait until Summer to rebuild?

If he sold Barkley and bought the club off Bill with the proceeds, I'd consider it a worthy sacrifice.

Completely off topic, anyone know of any spurs spares? after two..

Reading the last few pages, we have money for transfers in the summer but we need to get rid of Heitinga before we bring someone else in this window.

That's sounds a bit silly, we need players now not in the summer.

we have a wages stucture/limit, they wont break it. bad business to break it.

fax-machine-11.jpg

we have a wages stucture/limit, they wont break it. bad business to break it.

I can understand that but Heitinga will definitely leave in the Summer if he doesn't now. I don't think breaking the wage structure for 6 months when we're still in the run for that 4th place would be bad business. If Johnny is on 60k a week, it would be an expense of little under 1 million, and obviously he would still provide cover for our defenders which would allow us to focus on bringing in a good quality midfielder.

I think some of the best players you can sign are found in the ****e teams at the bootom of the league. Just reading about some 20 year old who has left palace and if you think about it, how many players who play for crap teams early in their career suddenly becime good after they move on?

Trying to create conversation here but there is a gold mine there if you know what to look for.

Any deal for Heitinga will be a loan. There is no way in my view he'll sacrifice his Bosman chance - it'll be a loan from any club who'll take on his wages to the summer and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back