Silverware v Europe

If you were the Don, which would you prioritise?

• Silverware

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Cheese Jaffle

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine aspiring too see your team play in Europe rather then win something, we wondered why Rafael said were a small club, theres the answer you
You need to think about that again

We Would become a much bigger club playing regular champions league football, than winning an fa cup or league cup, while still finishing mid table.

Financially, globally. More exposure around the world. Attracting world class players and keep your best ones. That’s what champions league football wouid bring

Win FA Cup and get the no trophies thing off our back, then push on next season...baring a miracle 4th is gone anyway.
Yes I do know there's some sort of Euro comp for the winner.
But.
It's
The
Cup
used to be THE cup.
How has it gone? 6 points of 3rd with 2 games in hand, 4 points off 4th with 2 games in hand

You need to think about that again

We Would become a much bigger club playing regular champions league football, than winning an fa cup or league cup, while still finishing mid table.

Financially, globally. More exposure around the world. Attracting world class players and keep your best ones. That’s what champions league football wouid bring
Yeah but who cares about being a bigger club that hasn't won a trophy since 1995? Only trophies count, nothing else matters.
The only thing we ever get to celebrate is Liverpool losing.

Yeah but who cares about being a bigger club that hasn't won a trophy since 1995? Only trophies count, nothing else matters.
The only thing we ever get to celebrate is Liverpool losing.
Moshiri care’s and so do I.

Because one of the main reasons we haven’t won a trophy for 26yrs is because we’ve acted like a small club and had an owner with no momey. While in That time clubs we were bigger than ie Chelsea and city have over took us. Due to spend big money, and getting champions league football. And then you get better players and better managers , the 2 go hand In hand.

The more money, the better players. We need to build something so we say ain’t challenging fir the next 20yrs. Not win a league cup next season amd then don’t win anything for another 20yrs

A nice shiny trophy, or playing every Thursday and Sunday.
We won't make the C/L.
Wait a season or two then with the proposed rebuild of European competitions the revamped Europa League might be a more attractive option. At present I loathe that tournament.
As a side issue on the Champions League, I noted on a BBC website that UEFA are considering a "safety net" that will allow certain clubs passage into the competition even though they haven't qualified through their domestic league.

Might be thinking too deeply on this but I vote Europe simply because I see solidifying ourselves in the top 6 (or dare I say top four) will undoubtably lead to trophy’s.
It wont, look at Spurs, been in Europe loads but it's a decade + since they won something.
Getting into Europe means little, weve done it, other clubs have done it too inc Wolves recently, guarantees nothing.

It wont, look at Spurs, been in Europe loads but it's a decade + since they won something.
Getting into Europe means little, weve done it, other clubs have done it too inc Wolves recently, guarantees nothing.
The last team to win the fa cup that wasn’t the big 6 was? An what league are they in now?
In fact there only 2 since we last won it that where not CL teams

I'd go Champions league, then cup then europa qualification.
If you get champions league you can attract better players which increases your chances of champions league the next season, if you get champions league consistently the cups will come as you are in the top 4 sides in the country.

The last team to win the fa cup that wasn’t the big 6 was? An what league are they in now?
In fact there only 2 since we last won it that where not CL teams
But so what? We havent won a trophy since 1995, its embarrassing, our only honour for 25 years is Liverpool losing finals and getting pipped to titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.