Silverware v Europe

If you were the Don, which would you prioritise?

• Silverware

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Cheese Jaffle

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go Champions league, then cup then europa qualification.
If you get champions league you can attract better players which increases your chances of champions league the next season, if you get champions league consistently the cups will come as you are in the top 4 sides in the country.
Better players like who? Rodriguez? Allan? Who exactly?
Ancelotti is the draw, the Premier League itself is the draw, imagine being a 24 year old player who is being hunted by actual big clubs, and your agent says Everton are interested, they you find out the last time they won something was before you were born.

Ancelotti is the draw, the Premier League itself is the draw, imagine being a 24 year old player who is being hunted by actual big clubs, and your agent says Everton are interested, they you find out the last time they won something was before you were born.

So you don't think being in the champions league is a draw for incoming players, really?
The 2 you name played under Ancelotti, and yes, joined because of him but what about the other 99.9% of players who haven't played under Ancelotti?

Fair point, likewise re Spurs, but with my blue tinted specs on, I do think Spurs have been a bit lucky in that they got a huge windfall with Bale at a good time, Poch was particularly good for them and they’ve been lucky with Kane coming though their ranks.
I don’t feel their owner has quite the ambition or will to spend so much on the squad as we have in the Mosh. That said they also got to the CL final from finishing top 4. I’d rather competing Dor that than the FA cup.
I just see (or maybe hope) that getting into Europe, esp CL will enable us to kick on massively. I think we would see some major dough spent on the squad if we had the allure of Europe, beyond even what we saw in Walsh’s infamous window and that (ideally) would in itself would give us more opportunity to win a cup.
Then again we’re Everton aren’t we? All a pipe dream with our luck!

The other thing the FA cup is not a pull to players anymore. You hear foreign players from
The past taking about watching the cup final in the 70’s/80’s. young players now are coming for
The champions league and obviously the money and the fact it’s the best league.

As a kid the cup final was everything, I cried my eyes out as a 9yr old listening on the radio to us losing to West Ham in 1980. It’s was everything to reach a cup final as it was the only live game you saw. Even motd would only show highlights of a few games on a
Saturday night. You could go a month without even seeing a clip of your team.

Top 4: Champions League Group Stage
Fifth or FA Cup: Europa league group stage
League Cup: UEFA Conference league qualifiers

Winning the FA Cup guarantees us Europe.
Winning the League Cup doesn't.

I'd still take the league cup rather than top 5 if that is the case.

This is a dividing question ,the old ones like me know what it is like to celebrate a trophy and the young ones are playing FM .No offence meant but the feeling when the captain holds up a trophy is the best as a supporter even when you watch it back on MoTD .Any clips showing Ratters holding a trophy still fills me up .So I understand both sides of this .

It's Silverware for me. They are the memories that stick.

I was a bit to young to take in us last winning the league but the 1995 FA Cup win has crystallised moments of that season so I can recall them like yesterday. As enjoyable as finishing 4th & 5th were I don't hold the same memories or recall much about them despite them being much more recent. You don't really 'win' anything from 2nd and below in football.

I understand the argument about qualifying for Europe, bringing better players in then winning trophies but it doesn't always work like that.

Anyway hopefully we can do both this season. ;)

It's a dead question, winning silverware gets you Europe.

So Silverware is the obvious answer.

Champions League or Silverware I guess would be the better one. Think I'd still go silverware though.

It's a dead question, winning silverware gets you Europe.

So Silverware is the obvious answer.

Champions League or Silverware I guess would be the better one. Think I'd still go silverware though.
I think it also gives you an easy passage too once your in, and a winning feeling

Been in Europe plenty of times since we last won a trophy, for our club I don’t think it will be the difference in attracting players.
Didn’t stop us signing Allan and Rodriguez, and I don’t see us getting more high profile than them.

I reckon you could name our cup winning teams a lot quicker than our teams who made Europa and CL qualifiers.

Been in Europe plenty of times since we last won a trophy, for our club I don’t think it will be the difference in attracting players.
Didn’t stop us signing Allan and Rodriguez, and I don’t see us getting more high profile than them.

I reckon you could name our cup winning teams a lot quicker than our teams who made Europa and CL qualifiers.
Playing in the Europa league attracts no one, top players might want the CL but no one cares about Thursday night football

The last team to win the fa cup that wasn’t the big 6 was? An what league are they in now?
In fact there only 2 since we last won it that where not CL teams
And of the big 6 Spurs haven't won it.. since we won the cup only 7 teams have won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.