So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we sell Pickford just to bring an inferior goalie in? Pope has improved imo but he is prone to errors and as for Ramsdale......eurghhh.
My comment was because he is one of our sellable assets that we are likely to get offers for. If we need to move someone on because of our financial position then Pope would be a good replacement and is likely to be available for much less than we get for Pickford (if he was sold). Id rather keep Pickford, Richy and DCL but it's likely one will go.

Yep, we'll sell Richarldison and Pickford and replace then with who? It'll be a further managed decline. They basically kept us up last season.

Frank will have to find a few young gems in the loan market who are hungry enough to put in a shift and have a bit about them.
Yep, we'll sell Richarldison and Pickford and replace then with who? It'll be a further managed decline. They basically kept us up last season.

Frank will have to find a few young gems in the loan market who are hungry enough to put in a shift and have a bit about them.

Exactly and that puts us in an even more precarious situation with relegation next season.

Exactly and that puts us in an even more precarious situation with relegation next season.
I understand that point and I would be very nervous of our reliable performers leaving. I suppose the other side is if we can get some younger players at a decent standard who can play every game, it may compensate.

Our season was completely ruined by important players missing large parts of the season. If we sold DCL and replaced him with two or three Mykolenko types, we may end up in a better place. I like DCL but his input this season was minimal. (It would be another matter if he played all season).

It comes down to how well we can recruit.

Why would we sell Pickford just to bring an inferior goalie in? Pope has improved imo but he is prone to errors and as for Ramsdale......eurghhh.
Maybe selling Pickford, enables us to buy a decent CB and DM. Shoring up the defence, so less gets to the keeper. We might get an inferior keeper, but better team.

I understand that point and I would be very nervous of our reliable performers leaving. I suppose the other side is if we can get some younger players at a decent standard who can play every game, it may compensate.

Our season was completely ruined by important players missing large parts of the season. If we sold DCL and replaced him with two or three Mykolenko types, we may end up in a better place. I like DCL but his input this season was minimal. (It would be another matter if he played all season).

It comes down to how well we can recruit.
For me that's too risky relying on youngsters . We need at the minimum a reliable spine. We know what we are getting with pickford, lewin and Richarlison. They are good enough for midtable.

Maybe selling Pickford, enables us to buy a decent CB and DM. Shoring up the defence, so less gets to the keeper. We might get an inferior keeper, but better team.
Every quality side starts with a quality keeper. Then work your way forward through the spine. I'd really worry about our ability to bring in a decent replacement and I'm not sure we'd get huge sums for Pickford. Most of the top Prem teams have a decent keeper at the mo. That would push his value down.

I’d get shut of Gomes but no one wants him, which says it all really.
I think the club has lacked the will to get shut of these wasters, with the constant turnover of managers also contributing to them being able to blag themselves a clean slate every 12-18 months.

They scoured the earth to get rid of Rodriguez, though.

Shots will still get past a defence so we need a capable GK, far better imo to keep Pickford.

I think the club has lacked the will to get shut of these wasters, with the constant turnover of managers also contributing to them being able to blag themselves a clean slate every 12-18 months.

They scoured the earth to get rid of Rodriguez, though.

I think the will is there but no takers. Wish we could pat them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.