So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those out of contract should be ushered out the door ASAP. In addition the priority must be to get Gomes out of the club. If we get money for him, great, otherwise should be allowed leave on a free. Doucoure showed how useless he was even when backs were to the wall and Allan isn’t far behind. Davies should also be moved on, to the Championship which is his level. Kenny, Keane, Gbamin (Jesus wept), and Rondon should also be shown the door. Then start a rebuild.

Those out of contract should be ushered out the door ASAP. In addition the priority must be to get Gomes out of the club. If we get money for him, great, otherwise should be allowed leave on a free. Doucoure showed how useless he was even when backs were to the wall and Allan isn’t far behind. Davies should also be moved on, to the Championship which is his level. Kenny, Keane, Gbamin (Jesus wept), and Rondon should also be shown the door. Then start a rebuild.
Contracts run until June 30th.

Given our financial situation I doubt that anybody will be kept unless the manager feels they can contribute to the team on a regular basis.
Delph, Kenny, Sigurdsson and Tosun will leave.

I think there are players who could be sold depending on bids but , for instance , even though Mina, Keane , Holgate and maybe even Godfrey could all be sold for the right bid we could not afford to lose any more than two or we would be horribly short of bodies at centre half.

I certainly think Allan and Gomes are available if buyers can be found.

Unfortunately, I think Richarlison will leave because he wants to play CL and we also need the money.

We may also see Broadhead ,Nkonkou and Simms move on.

That could be as many as a dozen players leave in total, of which probably only three would have contributed regularly through the season.

Imagine the sigh of relief when loads (8+?) names are absent from the retained list. Hopefully signs of the end of an incredibly incompetent period of bad management.

Contracts run until June 30th.

Given our financial situation I doubt that anybody will be kept unless the manager feels they can contribute to the team on a regular basis.
Delph, Kenny, Sigurdsson and Tosun will leave.

I think there are players who could be sold depending on bids but , for instance , even though Mina, Keane , Holgate and maybe even Godfrey could all be sold for the right bid we could not afford to lose any more than two or we would be horribly short of bodies at centre half.

I certainly think Allan and Gomes are available if buyers can be found.

Unfortunately, I think Richarlison will leave because he wants to play CL and we also need the money.

We may also see Broadhead ,Nkonkou and Simms move on.

That could be as many as a dozen players leave in total, of which probably only three would have contributed regularly through the season.
I think Richie goes this summer and you know what? I'm ok with that. He gave his all towards the end of the season and should someone bid and it's satisfactory.... he's earned his move.
With him and Moise Kean (he's as good as gone) we could recoup back somewhere in region of £100m which immediately eases our financial constraints.

The real twist will be Siggurdson getting an extension
Matron!
kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

We have been trying to clear players out for years, I don’t see much difference this year.
Luckily we have a few out of contract but with the others it will be same old story.
We will continue to have average players on big wages, and will end up either keeping them or giving them away free.
The team that started the last month fitted the style of play we needed at the time, but Lampard will definitely want his own in, this is where the loans will come in.

The only players that we could get money for we won't be able to afford to replace
Yep, we'll sell Richarldison and Pickford and replace then with who? It'll be a further managed decline. They basically kept us up last season.

Frank will have to find a few young gems in the loan market who are hungry enough to put in a shift and have a bit about them.

If Pickford gets sold I'd do all i could to bring Pope in from Burnley but I'm sure we aren't the only ones in that queue. If richy gets sold god knows who we bring in to replace him.

We have been trying to clear players out for years, I don’t see much difference this year.
Luckily we have a few out of contract but with the others it will be same old story.
We will continue to have average players on big wages, and will end up either keeping them or giving them away free.
The team that started the last month fitted the style of play we needed at the time, but Lampard will definitely want his own in, this is where the loans will come in.
Think you’re probably right, sadly. Seems every season for years we’ve said we need a massive clear out. It never happens, we go into the new season with the same players who’ve failed and surprise, they fail again.

We’ll lose a few through contracts expiring but will we be able to move on the likes of Gomes, Gbamin etc. doubt it. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see us give Delph a new contract.

It’s such a mess, links to the likes of Tarkowski seem to fit the standard operating pattern. Sigh

Think you’re probably right, sadly. Seems every season for years we’ve said we need a massive clear out. It never happens, we go into the new season with the same players who’ve failed and surprise, they fail again.

We’ll lose a few through contracts expiring but will we be able to move on the likes of Gomes, Gbamin etc. doubt it. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see us give Delph a new contract.

It’s such a mess, links to the likes of Tarkowski seem to fit the standard operating pattern. Sigh

If Delph is getting a new contract, it'll have to be signed by Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.