Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected PN birthday he is 36 so that makes our midfield duo 66 years old!
Oh & DM has just sang the praises of PN who was as bad as anyone who played poor tonight anyone fron 8 players that is TBH!

He surely didn't? i am almost at the end of my tether with him. He's been a great manager for us, but some things he sees just begger belief. Neville and Osman were so so annonymous today as they always are as a partnership. Hitz didn't set the world on fire, but we were noticeably better. I don't care about all these stats about us winning more with neville in the team etc. purely coincidence imo

Might help if he was played in his correct position?

We have better players for his correct position.

At any rate, first half was down to a dreadful performance by Osman and Neville. Second half started brighter, but the entire match when to the dogs around the 75 minute mark.

You always revert to calling us bottlers when things go wrong. Closing out 4th is ridiculously hard to do. We haven't got a divine right to steamroller Southampton or Swansea. Yes, they are points dropped, but we're near enough maxing out, returns wise, on the quality we've got in the squad, imo. We need more now, or we will stand still. That's down to the club. They will proceed to allow Moyes to bring in two loans (LOL) that both have to be strokes of genius to get us 4th.

Theres a difference between playing well and not having that extra bit to cross the line, and playing poor sides with an advantage and dropping points.

Since 05 we've bottled every big game to win a cup or claw our way to a champions leagur place.

Blame everything with wrong with club, it still adds to the fact we bottle it, as well flatter to deceive.

instead of the neg rep whoever why not actually debate why my post is idiotic this is what I love some people hide behind the rep system but cant have a sensible debate, anyone who cant see not having a striker who can finish will cost us top 4 is deluded,

1. Why are Manchester Utd top of the table? I'll give you a clue R**** V** P*****

2. why are chelsea not going to challenge for the title? I'll give you a clue, F******* T*****

Unless Jelavic starts scoring we havent a chance of finishing 4th I love Jelavic but get your heads out of the sand and realise he deserves just as much criticism as Howard and neville have gotten this season.

I agree with ur point aba jelavic here mate. I am a big jelavic fan and I haven't given up on him but he isn't delivering right now and does deserve critisism. However I think I might be alone on this and but I don't get why people care about the negative rep thing. I have been on this forum a few years now, I haven't got a clue how to neg rep and I couldn't care less if anyone does it to me. I come on here because I am a mad blue, there is a good diversity of opinion and I look forward to chico's previews every week as he is the only person who has ever made me p!ss myself with the written word! Seriously, why does it matter if u get neg rep'd? And why do people care? Maybe I'll get chastised by the yocals here but I don't get it and find it a bit sad, sorry like!

Southampton actually played a very good tactical game against us tonight. Played high tempo harassing are midfield players. Hunted in packs and completely through us first half. Ok we didn't play well but a lot of that was down to them and there performance. Took us till the second half to 1 - get to grips with it and 2 - for them to tire a bit.

We didn't play well, but they did which added to our problems. Not gonna panic yet... Still need a couple more players.
Oh and IMO jelavic needs a couple of games on the bench. Play vic up top.

we keep saying the same mate, time after time draw after draw we have gone from 8 points clear of the RS and in 4th to 4 points clear and in 5th with coleman injured, gibson injured, jelly still not scoring and 2 0-0 draws against mid table sides.

they've had an easy run of fixtures. I know it seems a big if tonight, but if we win our next two games which are at home to villa and WBA and they lose their away fixtures to city and arsenal, we'll be 10 clear. They may well finish above us, but people are knee-jerking too much by saying it's nailed on they'll finish above us now. They've been easily beaten by teams like stoke and villa in the last couple of months, a couple of home wins vs norwich and reading isn't going to convince me that they'll definitely finish above us

toffeejack;1699380[B said:
]He surely didn't?[/B] i am almost at the end of my tether with him. He's been a great manager for us, but some things he sees just begger belief. Neville and Osman were so so annonymous today as they always are as a partnership. Hitz didn't set the world on fire, but we were noticeably better. I don't care about all these stats about us winning more with neville in the team etc. purely coincidence imo

Not really. He was asked by Sky in front of Gary Nev was he still a model pro etc and he said he was. He didn't mention his performance tonight.

Some people just can't resist having a go without reason.

Oh well it was a point away from home, could have been worse after the first half performance. Second half was much better and we could have won it. It makes me so sad inside to see Jella play like that but im sure he`ll get his touch back. We never lost any ground on 4th place so it wasn`t too bad results wise for us this weekend. come on Everton!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back