Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. He was asked by Sky in front of Gary Nev was he still a model pro etc and he said he was. He didn't mention his performance tonight.

Some people just can't resist having a go without reason.

That I agree with. No sense in throwing anyone under the bus to the media, deserved or not.

Victor and jelavic have to start next game . I know jelavic was rubbish tonight but still found it hard to believe Naismith was left on the pitch. Jelavic at least is putting effort in.

Southampton actually played a very good tactical game against us tonight. Played high tempo harassing are midfield players. Hunted in packs and completely through us first half. Ok we didn't play well but a lot of that was down to them and there performance. Took us till the second half to 1 - get to grips with it and 2 - for them to tire a bit.

We didn't play well, but they did which added to our problems. Not gonna panic yet... Still need a couple more players.
Oh and IMO jelavic needs a couple of games on the bench. Play vic up top.

Do you think we got a better grip on the midfield because they tired or could it of been because we changed it because of the Coleman injury. And if Coleman hadn't got injured would we have stuck with what we had.

It's a game of chances. We had several really good ones in the 2H but Jelavic bottled it and Felli shot right at the keeper twice. a couple inches either side and we probably win. Frustrating though. 2 draws against Swansea and Soton is not going to get us in the CL.

Naismith wasn‘t our worst player today, but really hes a poor footballer, how he gets a game is beyond me. The rest were terrible, besides Victor Howard and Kev. When our teams fully fit its a decent side but a team that has to play Neville and Naismith in midfield is never getting top four am sorry,its just not happening. Jelavic has been poor but its more to do with confidence IMO should have stayed on with a bit of help from mirrales he could have done better.. All ifs and buts im afraid

Theres a difference between playing well and not having that extra bit to cross the line, and playing poor sides with an advantage and dropping points.

Since 05 we've bottled every big game to win a cup or claw our way to a champions leagur place.

Blame everything with wrong with club, it still adds to the fact we bottle it, as well flatter to deceive.

All teams drop points against weaker sides. Especially ones with paper thin squads who can't rotate and have to play strikers and centre backs on the right hand side after a couple of injuries. We've also been dreadfully unlucky with injuries and if our first XI is the only thing about our squad that is considered top 4 quality, then we've never been top 4 quality this season. We are doing very well to be up there and it's not over yet. Maybe, just maybe, now Mirallas is approaching fitness and Gibson will be back soon, we'll be able to turn this slump around. (But no, now Coleman's injured OLOLOLOLO).

Neville and Osman in CM make me cry

Osman has been generally teriffic all season but was awful tonight.

Fellaini looked good in Central Midfield and made up for Osman losing the ball on several occasions.

I said this earlier on - what (or who) we crucially needed tonight was Gibbo. He'd have kept the ball ticking over for us, whereas Osman kept getting caught in possession.

Sotton did a West Brom tonight and kept our midfield under locks with ease apart for around 10-15 mins in the 2nd half when Vic and Jelavić got through. If we'd have buried those chances we'd most likely have been talking about a bog-standard but solid away win. We lacked three things tonight:
Being able to keep the ball
Having a true No.10
Being able to finish

I'm hoping that number 1 and 3 will come back soon in the shape of Gibson and a back up Jelavić's form, while number 2 means going out and spending money!

every time we have struggled against lower teams this season is when they've hit us quickly right from the start and not allowed us to get going. Same again tonight. We missed gibson, no one was able to put their foot on the ball and play the game at the pace we wanted to. We rushed, panicked, and no one wanted to take responsibility!!! No one wanted to show up. Cheebs did well, so he's excused, howard did what he had to. That was poor.

That was Osman's worst game for ages. He was caught in possession too many times. Saying that, until Fellaini dropped into midfield, no one was supporting him in there.

Neville should only play at right back in my opinion, he isn't mobile enough. Not his fault though, age gets us all.

We need more pace throughout the team as well. When we break it's unbelievably slow, and we always seem to choose the wrong pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back