Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are putting ourselves out of the race though with results like that an swansea, and many others, Chelsea you can accept with the suspensions and whatever else, this I cant, Moyes deserves grief for it

Because we were proud of the team and the performance, Pienaar that day shown he can play as an central attacking midfielder, yet the game was crying out for abit of creativity in the middle tonight and all Moyes could do was hoof it to Fellaini or Naismith out of position.
I know it wasn`t good tonight thats my point we were good against chelsea and got nothing and last night we were rubbish and we got a point away from home. I know it was against a team near the bottom but they played well. Fair doos if your p*ssed of about it like.

I know it wasn`t good tonight thats my point we were good against chelsea and got nothing and last night we were rubbish and we got a point away from home. I know it was against a team near the bottom but they played well. Fair doos if your p*ssed of about it like.

Obviously right after I was because, Southampton?!

But then you look at the bigger picture, they're in a relegation battle, have gone 5 games unbeaten, just picked up point at the FORMER Champions of Europe, and it seems the players got there heads up for the new manager, and when you look at it they've got some decent players.

we are putting ourselves out of the race though with results like that an swansea, and many others, Chelsea you can accept with the suspensions and whatever else, this I cant, Moyes deserves grief for it
Fair enough, I just like to look at it in a glass half full rather than half empty but if we all agreed all of the time there would be no point in posting on here. Im not trying to convince people im just giving my opinion.

At least we know now that Jelavic can play center half. Seriously, it's admirable that he's willing to work so hard when he knows he isn't in the goals. The psyche of a striker is a fragile thing, and yanking Jela out of the lineup is only going to destroy his confidence. I reckon Moyes can build it back up, all it takes is a bit of luck and he'll be back slotting em. Back our boys through thick and thin eh?

Jelavic may not have been having a great game but to drag im off after that miss and also not let him have the benefit of playing in and around a live wire like Mirallas when he came on was dreadful management.

This 100%. Moyes has killed yet another striker, hasn't he?

Loved the bit when an SSN reporter asked an Everton why he was making the trip to Southampton on a snowy Monday night and quick as a flash he replied 'becuase of you lot'.

Quality.

Loved the bit when an SSN reporter asked an Everton fan why he was making the trip to Southampton on a snowy Monday night and quick as a flash he replied 'becuase of you lot'.

Quality.

The lineup was wrong, Naysmith shouldnt be on the wing, Victor should have started, fellaini behind jelevic does nothing for me and Howard stop kicking the ball to nowhere land.

Moyes got it wrong last night.

I really, really think that Fellaini needs to play in a DM role for the rest of the season. His spell as a forward was fun while it lasted, but it's been sussed out now.

Drop him deep, let him clog up that hole in midfield that we are constantly getting exposed in, and give Osman and, eventually, Gibson a little more freedom in the knowledge that they have some protection. Pienaar and Mirallas can work the wide areas and we can get back to playing some decent football and allowing Jelavic to just do what he does best.

To be honest, it hasn't really worked since Manchester United at home. but we will still plug away at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back