Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were sh*te but it's one of them days. We played horrid yet still came away with a point. We're not infallible.

Turn and face, cup game next. Well in for all them blues who made it down so far on a Monday night. You're why EFC are so boss.

Resting players is a luxury we can't afford. FA massive for us so we just need to brush ourselves down and go again. Southampton actually played well and to be honest we showed our good battling qualities. We just need to add the goal scoring from season start and we are firing. Disappointing night but a point isn't too bad. We are right in the mix for top 4/5 so hard to be too critical. A couple of signings go a long way to help us.

Not really sure what the negativity was at the end of the match, the lads didn't show up first half but really improved second half. If anything we just have to give Southampton credit, they played brilliantly in all aspects and getting a point was a great result. We're only a point behind Spurs while being 4 above Arsenal and Liverpool, the dream isn't over yet.

I far prefer seeing Fellaini in centre midfield

Ditto. He was streets ahead of the rest of our midfield. We looked totally different when Anichebe came on and we went 442 with Felli in CM.

Personally I would drop Neville or Naismith (or both), change the formation to a 442 and switch Pienaar to the right before I'd drop Jelavic. We give that man f*** all to work with for 90 mins and then crucify him when he doesn't bury one of the only two decent chances he gets all game.

Ditto. He was streets ahead of the rest of our midfield. We looked totally different when Anichebe came on and we went 442 with Felli in CM.

Personally I would drop Neville or Naismith (or both), change the formation to a 442 and switch Pienaar to the right before I'd drop Jelavic. We give that man f*** all to work with for 90 mins and then crucify him when he doesn't bury one of the only two decent chances he gets all game.

Jelavic should have burried that chance Vic pulled back for him though.

To be fair I do feel for him. He seems like a good lad and I want ao much for him to get back to were he was, unfortunately he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo at the minute.

A draw was about the right result. Jelavic missed a sitter but cleared one off the line and worked the channels well, so we can't be too harsh on him. Good substitution by Moyes to bring Vic on and go 4-4-2. Pienaar was subdued, especially in the first half. I don't think we were expecting them to be quite so physical.

Sad to say heavy legs and Moyes tactics for the past two games have been sussed out. Utter tosh in the first half as we were just going through the motions. Hard to watch that. Still could be a huge point down the road.

Jelavic needs a breather. Tonight zero service to Jelavic. Vellios needs a start against Bolton.

Just got back from the game after a long journey and felt I should drop in my thoughts:
Howard - A couple of decentish saves but ones I would probably expect him to make. However his distribution was terrible I gave up counting how many times in the first half he kicked the ball straight out of play or passed to a defender who was instantly under pressure
Coleman - He was alright looked decent going forward but wasn't used nearly enough probably due to the severe lack of support from Naismith
Jags - a couple of scary first half moments otherwise fairly solid
Distin - He truly is a beast with pace and power however he did half annoy me tonight with some aimless chips forward
Baines - Was not soo effective was closed down well by saints players first half...became more involved second half when we were playing quickly across the park
Naismith - Can we give him back? I am actually willing to give this guy more time he tries and clearly does not like playing RM. He really did not warrant 90 minutes.
Neville - truly awful at centre mid lost the ball countless times - would rather he didn't play
Osman - Was a little annonymous he broke up play nicely at times but in attack he tended to hold on to the ball for way too long
Pienaar - As with Baines he was closed down very well and always came inside. He was often muscled off the ball.
Fellaini - It didnt work today behind the striker mainly due to the service he got but I thought he looked a lot better in the deeper mid position
Jelavic - Can someone buy him a new pair of boots his don't work
Subs:
Anichebe - Was Hungry and nearly got on the score sheet. He made great runs and we generally looked better when he was on. If he had a first touch he would be a hell of a player.
Mirrallas - It was great to see Super Kev back. He looked a little off the pace but was generally lively and played some good stuff. He should of scored

Moyes - I didn't like his team selection. He clearly said something right at half time as we were better second half and Anichebe was the sub when coleman went off. However I don't care how bad Jelavic was tonight Naismith should of come off for Mirallas.

I hope all you dicks who were bitching about no clean sheets are happy. Two straight 0-0 draws to beatable teams.

Ossie and Neville as a central midfield partnership. Please no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back