Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really think that Fellaini needs to play in a DM role for the rest of the season. His spell as a forward was fun while it lasted, but it's been sussed out now.

Drop him deep, let him clog up that hole in midfield that we are constantly getting exposed in, and give Osman and, eventually, Gibson a little more freedom in the knowledge that they have some protection. Pienaar and Mirallas can work the wide areas and we can get back to playing some decent football and allowing Jelavic to just do what he does best.

I hope all you dicks who were bitching about no clean sheets are happy. Two straight 0-0 draws to beatable teams.

Ossie and Neville as a central midfield partnership. Please no.

I would assume that they are happy with 2 clean sheets, probably not so happy that we haven't scored in either game.

You'd think we had been beaten going off some of the knee-jerking on here
Whats new! its the same every time we draw,people act like were dog sh*t. Yesterday Southampton were always gonna be giving it a good go because they were trying to impress a new manager and also prove they weren`t responsible for the sacking of the last manager. They created about 4 or 5 good chances and never took any of them, we created 4 good chances aswell. Its never easy away from home(or even at home) so whilst its a bit dissapointing not to beat a team near the bottom of the league its also not a disaster either. Its 1 point gained, we just have to keep going and see where we end up. We have no divine right to be beating these.

Whats new! its the same every time we draw,people act like were dog sh*t. Yesterday they were always gonna be giving it a good go because they were trying to impress a new manager and also prove they weren`t responsible for the sacking of the last manager. They created about 4 or 5 good chances and never took any of them, we created 4 good chances aswell. Its never easy away from home(or even at home) so whilst its a bit dissapointing not to beat a team near the bottom of the league its also not a disaster either. Its 1 point gained, we just have to keep going and see where we end up. We have no divine right to be beating these.

Exactly. Could easily have been 3-3 and a cracking game. People would still moan. Forget this game and think about the next one. I'm not gonna moan and fret for the rest of the week

Osman - Was a little annonymous he broke up play nicely at times but in attack he tended to hold on to the ball for way too long

Actually I thought he had one of the worst games I can recall in quite some time. He's not a defender so "worst game" doesn't mean an obvious concession of a goal. But he seemed to lose the ball every single time he touched it. It was crazy. I'm an Osman fan too but this was not his day.

Coleman injury FFS really? Hope it isn't serious. With Mirallas back we need him on the right to give us a threat on that side. Teams are really starting to throttle our left side and it's costing us points that we don't have another way to play.

I think we got out of dodge tonight, they were well up for it and Shneiderlain was bossing us, can't stop a guy like him when he's on his game.

Moyes subs were very poor though, I have to close my eyes when the ball is passed to Naismith.

Strange thing is most people were happy after the Chelsea game when we got nothing out of it. The reality is 4th place is prob just out of our reach but were up there challenging for it so im quite happy with how the season has gone so far. Tonight was dissapointing but by no means are we out of the race.

Strange thing is most people were happy after the Chelsea game when we got nothing out of it. The reality is 4th place is prob just out of our reach but were up there challenging for it so im quite happy with how the season has gone so far. Tonight was dissapointing but by no means are we out of the race.

Because we were proud of the team and the performance, Pienaar that day shown he can play as an central attacking midfielder, yet the game was crying out for abit of creativity in the middle tonight and all Moyes could do was hoof it to Fellaini or Naismith out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back