Spineless journalists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lineker is a tool in general. His hosting of the World Cup coverage was pathetic, constant whinging about Qatar the country and parroting dubious, even fake news stories, taking every opportunity to talk about anything other than football. It was predictable he'd come out in support of the board. He's just one of them teacher's pet types that lacks any semblance of critical thinking skills

What you have to remember is a lot of ex pros are a)towing the line, b) morons and also c) only care about the clubs they played for which in Lineker’s case for some reason only seems to be Leicester. Also a lot of the time ex-pros will basically go along with the narrative of “sure there’s problems off the field but the players need to have some professional pride”. They have no clue about what’s actually going on at 99% of clubs in the league beyond a superficial understanding.

I guarantee that most pundits will believe that the players and manager at this club should be good enough to beat Wolves and Southampton at home. They are of course ill informed.

When you think of how for years Sky have let Neville exonerate the players at United and absolutely slaughter the owners (famously after we once battered them 4-0- must have been one of those good times Bill always talks about) because the structure of the club was a mess but we don’t seem to get the same depth of analysis. Honestly I know he’s a dinosaur but at least Andy Gray in his Middle Eastern exile actually gives some attention to how bad things are for us. Wish he was on sky right now.

It’s why the protests are so important. When United and Liverpool are in “crisis” (boo-hoo finishing 8th or only winning a league cup) the media provide the call to arms. No-one is going to provide that same support and help to Everton. The fans have to do it themselves.

It's bad enough having a crap manager , terrible players and an incompetent board of directors but to compound it all Kenwright DBB and the rest of them have now embarked upon a crusade to blame the fan base and drive a wedge between the fans and the club just to try and save their own skin .
Journalists are supposed to seek out the truth and expose liars not simply accept as fact any line trotted out by Moshiri Kenwright or his accomplices .

What we need are journalists prepared to ask tough questions, to shine a light on the dealings of this board and expose the liars.

I fear that something far more important is at stake than relegation, that is a fight for the soul of Everton FC.
There has been no place for incitement, intelligent journalists in British media for thirty years. Editors just want to fill column so the bovine public hand over money for the rags. Equally institutions just don't want to (and get away with) talk to anyone who has a name for challenging them. So if you're a journalist who wants a job you avoid rocking the boat. Cowardly.

He's not a journo anymore but the biggest spineless tosser has to be Dave 'Kin Prentice, I really can't stand this complete gobshite.

When he was at the Echo he spent years slagging off Hicks and Gillett when they were ruining Liverpool yet never said a single word about Kenwright when him and his useless board were lurching from one disaster to another at the club he claims to support.

But his brown-nosing obviously paid off with this puppet now on the pay-roll at Goodison.

I wonder what roll he played in the disgraceful statements the club put out today? He is 'director of communications' after all. Total Muppet.

It's bad enough having a crap manager , terrible players and an incompetent board of directors but to compound it all Kenwright DBB and the rest of them have now embarked upon a crusade to blame the fan base and drive a wedge between the fans and the club just to try and save their own skin .
Journalists are supposed to seek out the truth and expose liars not simply accept as fact any line trotted out by Moshiri Kenwright or his accomplices .

What we need are journalists prepared to ask tough questions, to shine a light on the dealings of this board and expose the liars.

I fear that something far more important is at stake than relegation, that is a fight for the soul of Everton FC.
There are still some decent Everton journalists and I sincerely hope one has the balls to follow up on the allegations made against Everton fans by our own board today.

If an assault took place in or around the ground it must have been caught on CCTV, the culprit identified, arrested, likely up in court in the time since it was alleged to occur. Exactly as happened with Roger Tweedle.

Hopefully the club can provide interested journalists further details of action taken, as if any of the allegations of assault leaked to the press by the board were shown to be fabricated by the board to smear the fans, that would be a scandal.

There are still some decent Everton journalists and I sincerely hope one has the balls to follow up on the allegations made against Everton fans by our own board today.

If an assault took place in or around the ground it must have been caught on CCTV, the culprit identified, arrested, likely up in court in the time since it was alleged to occur. Exactly as happened with Roger Tweedle.

Hopefully the club can provide interested journalists further details of action taken, as if any of the allegations of assault leaked to the press by the board were shown to be fabricated by the board to smear the fans, that would be a scandal.
As Nixon and Johnson found out it's the cover up that kills you

The headlock incident was mentioned again on MOTD

Has there been evidence produced for this? I believe it allegedly took place inside the ground? Surely people saw it take place? Why was it not reported after the game v Brighton?

Supposedly the 'male' fan jumped into the box and got her into a headlock without anyone seeing him mate. lol:hayee:lol:hayee:

The headlock incident was mentioned again on MOTD

Has there been evidence produced for this? I believe it allegedly took place inside the ground? Surely people saw it take place? Why was it not reported after the game v Brighton?

It does seem bewildering, that a group of men, put a woman in a headlock, and its mentioned, as a secondary feature about 2 weeks later as almost an after thought. I mean balance of probabilities seem pretty strong to me on this.

There is not much journalism, if you look into the definition of it and compare it to what actually gets published and what they refuse to acknowledge , talk about or question, it’s not journalism. It’s client PR .
Put it this way, if there was proper journalism, reporting on what has gone on at Everton over the years , might of benefited the club long term and we might not be in such a state . It all adds up over the years.

Supposedly the 'male' fan jumped into the box and got her into a headlock without anyone seeing him mate. lol:hayee:lol:hayee:

Was it this guy, by any chance
EYCN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.