Sporting 3-0 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a big problem with the result, I can live with it, not the first loss and not the last one.
But I am quite pissed with us playing another negative [Poor language removed] at european night at road, we can play quite decent stuff in league, even against much better teams than Sporting, but in Europe Moyes tactical setup looks like we would be still playing with Killbane, Dickow and other artists. Instead of playing against struggling Sporting team like team knowing their strentghs and believing in themselves, we play like cowards. Hate this!!!

I love Moyes, but I don't remember of being so angry at him like last night. Thankfully I had a plan to go out, a few drinks make me feel better. But only a little bit...

Sporting certainly stepped up their game, admittedly, but they still didn't show anything that should have concerned us. What was getting to me was the fact that we [Poor language removed] ourselves on the ball because they were quick to put us under pressure - if we'd have just stepped up the pace a gear to match the kind of stuff we'd been playing in the League we wouldn't have had an issue. So, what the hell happened??

Fcukin garbage! With the exception of Howard and possibly Jags every palyer out there was shocking! Would've been 6-0 if it wasn't for Howard
Bily was ****** woeful and I didn't even know Arteta was playin 'til the 86th min when he did his little piroette!

Badly missed Heitinga and Fellaini last night, the defence were all over the place and if I never see Senderos in a Blue shirt again it'll be too soon. No steel or creativity in CM and asking Osman to man mark - WTF!?

MASSIVE game at WHL now, make or break game as to whether we finish in the top 6

not sure if it was the tactics that were the problem, we were always gonna play 4-5-1 . the midfield looked strong in an attacking sense, i think we just totally underperformed when we needed to step up. hard to believe it was pretty much the same team who thrashed the mancs:unsure:
need to put that result to bed a s a p and take it out on spurs this sunday.

always blue!!!

Shell shocked ,Sporting played the game of thier lives,we didn´t get a look in .No midfield presence .Never settled on the ball.They were better they wanted it more .It reminded me of the Fiorentina game ,If Sahas shot would have gone in it would have changed the game but if if´s and and´s.....No complaints about the result ,Over confidence?Tiredness ? Doesn´t matter ,thats football ,we move on .and hopefully learn something .
We were beaten and beaten well .Just hope the team recovers and we see some reaction Sunday.

absolute [Poor language removed] last night and i think this time its all the players fault DM looked disgusted with what was happenin out there...

billy was our worse player by a long shot( only coz sendoras went off early) we had no width which puts more pressure on our CM and they duly crumbled which then puts pressure on our back and they fell like a house of cards.....

other than the defeat what pissed me off was when we lost the ball (repeatedly) players stopped heads dropped and NO EFFORT was made to get it back by the player in question......

and what is the story with those MEANINGLESS long balls do the players think they hav just played a fantastic 50 yd ball into the danger area????????

Reasons to be depressed:

Billy was awful, way off the pace and gave the ball away endlessly.

Senderos isn't fit to lace the boots of Jagielka, Distin, Rodwell or even Yobo.

Osman (our best midfielder of recent weeks) wasn't allowed to do his thing because he was man marking Moutinho. We should have denied Moutinho the ball by pressing further up the pitch.

Reasons to be cheerful:

Jags looked as if he'd never been away.

That 30 second cameo by Mikel tells us that he's geeting closer to full fitness/confidence after his lay off. God, I'm moist with excitement at the thought of him, Fellaini and Pienaar playing keep ball next season.

Until their first goal, I was reasonably confident that we'd weather the storm. Don't get the most negative comments in this thread that say we were total tripe all evening. We played much the same against Metallist (admittedly, a weaker side than Sporting) for 60 minutes and still had one of our best nights in Europe.

Better side won on the night. Well done Sporting. Disappointed but still got plenty to look foward to this season as we drive for another european place. I've still not written off fourth place either.

Well that was a load of crap. We lacked leadership on the pitch until Jags came on.

Billy was very poor, only better than Senderos who looked so bad I think that may be the last we see of him in blue.

Pip played poorly also considering the amount of European experience the guy has I was expecting him to set an example and be steady, but he conceeded possession more than most.

In the end the goal in the 1st leg was the killer, if we had come here 2-0 up then Sporting would have had to change their game plan leaving more space.

Looking for a response against Tottenham and an unbeaten finish to the prem.

Hello,

I am a Sporting fan, i was at the stadium and was quite suprised with the game and with the result, to be honest i never belived that Sporting would have a chance to win this. We are in an enourmous crises, with a fight between a player and a director, the worst results in many years and the fans very dissapointed and not going to the stadium. We did a perfect game, maybe the best this season and i think Everton could won the game if they had a positive attitude in the game to take advantage of our crises. And after the game you did against Man. Utd. i thought it was going to be a tight game.
Great fair-play from your supporters in the stadium.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Hello,

I am a Sporting fan, i was at the stadium and was quite suprised with the game and with the result, to be honest i never belived that Sporting would have a chance to win this. We are in an enourmous crises, with a fight between a player and a director, the worst results in many years and the fans very dissapointed and not going to the stadium. We did a perfect game, maybe the best this season and i think Everton could won the game if they had a positive attitude in the game to take advantage of our crises. And after the game you did against Man. Utd. i thought it was going to be a tight game.

there is a 'Lisbon' in Liverpool mate, seems the players thought they were in there on both visits, as they pulled their pants down and accepted the inevitable.

kids20in20class.jpg

Hello,

Welcome to GOT mate. As you might be able to tell from other posts on here we're all very disappointed with the way we played last night. We were very poor but Sporting played well so we can have no compliants. Good luck to you too and if you happen to come across Liverpool after you beat Atletico, be sure to beat them 3-0 in both legs!

Hello,

Welcome, and good luck for the rest of the competition, and hope your club find an answer to their problems.(y)

Reasons to be depressed:

Billy was awful, way off the pace and gave the ball away endlessly.

Senderos isn't fit to lace the boots of Jagielka, Distin, Rodwell or even Yobo.

Osman (our best midfielder of recent weeks) wasn't allowed to do his thing because he was man marking Moutinho. We should have denied Moutinho the ball by pressing further up the pitch.

Reasons to be cheerful:

Jags looked as if he'd never been away.

That 30 second cameo by Mikel tells us that he's geeting closer to full fitness/confidence after his lay off. God, I'm moist with excitement at the thought of him, Fellaini and Pienaar playing keep ball next season.

Until their first goal, I was reasonably confident that we'd weather the storm. Don't get the most negative comments in this thread that say we were total tripe all evening. We played much the same against Metallist (admittedly, a weaker side than Sporting) for 60 minutes and still had one of our best nights in Europe.

Better side won on the night. Well done Sporting. Disappointed but still got plenty to look foward to this season as we drive for another european place. I've still not written off fourth place either.

To be fair mate, the performance in Metalist was also embarassing, we where very lucky to go through. It's a worrying trend, we've been in Europe four times now and there is still no progression, any team who is technically proficient and capable of passing the ball seems to whipe the floor with us at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back