• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its the brisbane roar gaffer who has never managed in a competitive league. He might turn out alright but I don't blame them for questioning it.
Didn't Wenger come from managing in Japan? I definitely get what you're saying it's natural to be dubious not having credentials from a more reputable league but his stint at Celtic was quite a success despite the spl being a two team league.

Didn't Wenger come from managing in Japan? I definitely get what you're saying it's natural to be dubious not having credentials from a more reputable league but his stint at Celtic was quite a success despite the spl being a two team league.
Winger had also done impressive things at Monaco. Like I said it could work out, but I completely get spurs fans being doubtful over a fat aussie coming in from 2 terrible leagues

This seems like a very Everton appointment to make.

I don't want to wade into the whole Scottish football vipers nest, but clean sweeps in Scotland tell you very little.

I think it's fair to say he is... untested.

This isn't the greatest reading, though, is it?

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 17.16.34.png

All I can say is that if Everton had hired him, I'd be worried. And that's saying something, given our current status.

This seems like a very Everton appointment to make.

I don't want to wade into the whole Scottish football vipers nest, but clean sweeps in Scotland tell you very little.

I think it's fair to say he is... untested.

This isn't the greatest reading, though, is it?

View attachment 212785

All I can say is that if Everton had hired him, I'd be worried. And that's saying something, given our current status.
Definitely a risk. I will stick my neck out and say gone before Christmas

Spurs need this guy to be a success and to invest the Kane money wisely. I know they have a gigantic stadium, but they might start to unravel. A few seasons out of Europe and with the stadium debt they'll need to start selling players.

Definitely a risk. I will stick my neck out and say gone before Christmas
I’d say that’s certainly a possibility. Feels a bit like the Nuno appointment to me.

Spurs need this guy to be a success and to invest the Kane money wisely. I know they have a gigantic stadium, but they might start to unravel. A few seasons out of Europe and with the stadium debt they'll need to start selling players.
Yeah. This doesn’t feel like a Spurs-level appointment. At least, not the Spurs of the last decade or so.

But what do I know?

Very little, if I’m honest.

I’d say that’s certainly a possibility. Feels a bit like the Nuno appointment to me.

Yeah. This doesn’t feel like a Spurs-level appointment. At least, not the Spurs of the last decade or so.

But what do I know?

Very little, if I’m honest.
I know you can’t ignore what he achieved at Celtic but take that away from his CV and there doesn’t seem anything to suggest that he merits being appointed to one of the better teams in an elite league

I know you can’t ignore what he achieved at Celtic but take that away from his CV and there doesn’t seem anything to suggest that he merits being appointed to one of the better teams in an elite league
We all know what happened the last time a manager who impressed in Scotland ventured south.

For every Alex Ferguson there are several burnt out husks of Steven Gerrards strewn across the M6.

Doesn't that just make him the green and white hooped Gerard though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back