• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good manager but the SPL's top two both almost finished 40 points ahead of 3rd place.

I liked watching Celtic vs Leipzig, who knows if it translates to a squad that's been using a back 3 for years now.

I don't know much about Scottish football at all. But in recent years (last 15-10) I always had it in my mind that it was harder for Rangers to win the league than Celtic? Celtic seem to have a bit more cash and Rangers took a big hit having dipped down the leagues?

Doesn't that just make him the green and white hooped Gerard though?
Possibly but ten hag came from the Dutch league where it was a weak league that two or three dominated and has been solid for united. I think it's all dependent on the manager himself but you're right doesn't guarantee anything as frank de Boer won loads for Ajax as well and he didn't last more than 3 games at palace so you never know with the weaker leagues. I just liked how he had Celtic play and his creativeness in recruitment

I don't know much about Scottish football at all. But in recent years (last 15-10) I always had it in my mind that it was harder for Rangers to win the league than Celtic? Celtic seem to have a bit more cash and Rangers took a big hit having dipped down the leagues?
I think they struggled after Rodgers left still competitive in the league but rangers were dominant until ange entered and altered the recruitment approach so far they've won 5 trophies in two years but it's also the Scottish league so their only real competition was rangers

Does anyone know how celtic fared in European competitions? I think that is usually a better indication of how they'll do In a superior league
This seems like a very Everton appointment to make.

I don't want to wade into the whole Scottish football vipers nest, but clean sweeps in Scotland tell you very little.

I think it's fair to say he is... untested.

This isn't the greatest reading, though, is it?

View attachment 212785

All I can say is that if Everton had hired him, I'd be worried. And that's saying something, given our current status.

He’ll get spurs playing attacking football for sure. He seems to be very good at recruitment too. Expect kyogo and reo hetate to join him there at some stage. Rumours already starting that jota may be angling to move with him. They might leak goals, but they’ll be a good watch. If he gets their defence sorted, He’ll do very well. Gutted for Celtic though.

In all honesty, if top 4 is the aim for Spurs, I can see the job over overawing Ange. City, Man United and Arsenal already have three of the spots taken for next season in my opinion. I can see the RS bouncing back if they don't take the Europa seriously, too. Moreover, the job will be even more difficult should Kane leave as expected. I hope he's thought about that before taking the job.

Spurs' fanbase need to have patience levels that they haven't demonstrated for the best part of a decade if Ange is to be a success.

We had our chance down under in November to
A) Sack Frank.
B) Hire Postecoglou

We did neither and let Lampard fritter away the next 4, 5, 6 (?)games - 12 to 18pts.

Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back