Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all well and good you saying you thought all along this was the case (you and a lot of other people), but this has moved along a a bit now. Unless KEIOC are fabricating Gregg's emails and making up words to a conversation he didn't have with them, this pretty much confirms that Earl is a proxy in the boardroom - merely the representative face for BCR, an offshore financial vehicle that doesn't have to declare it's contributors...like Green by the sounds of it.

If all that's not so, then I expect this *slur* on the club's major shareholders to be dealt with.

The reaction from the club or Green or a lack of one should be intresting - to do nothing just confirms it really - if its untrue i feel the club and or Green will react. We have quotes from Bill and Green saying he had nothing to do with Everton.

If you track Earl/Greens timing and involvement at borderoom level there are coralations in Greens and the clubs fortunes - the year they came on board we spent an awfull lot in the transfer market Baines, Jags, Yak, etc coming in at over 24 mill. We also had a 12 mill fee agreed with Benfica for Fernandes. I scratched my head at the time and wondered where the lines of credit had come from. If this is true probably those secured on Greens involvement or guarentee.

It was widley reported then the summer before last that Greens empire had took a bit of pasting due to the global econmic sitution which was begining to effect retail - the subsequent effect for us was that we struggled to get lines of credit and signed Mofro very late on. This could all be coincidence but is mainly why i have beleived for a while he has been involved despite whats on the companys articles.

That said you have to question the agenda of KEIOC in releasing this info - one likely scenario may be that it may be untrue and a retraction may be printed quite shortly. It may be released simpy as a way of discrediting the clubs trustworthiness in the media - even if there has to be a retraction the message still got out there. It could just be a rebuttle to the positive national media coverage Bill and the club has gotten recently, obviously carefully designed by the club to protray a postive light before the decison. Could all just be games and media manipulation.

Last edited:
The reaction from the club or Green or a lack of one should be intresting - to do nothing just confirms it really - if its untrue i feel the club and or Green will react. We have quotes from Bill and Green saying he had nothing to do with Everton.

I agree with you, it certainly needs to be addressed. We know the club read the KEIOC website and others, so they'll definitely know about this story doing the rounds. They've taken issue with their stuff in the past and sent lawyers out after them. If they sit back and let a website publish details of a conversation they claim took place with an ex board member who contradicts the current chairman's AGM statement that Green owns zero shares then something stinks.

That said you have to question the agenda of KEIOC in releasing this info - one likely scenario may be that it may be untrue and a retraction may be printed quite shortly. It may be released simpy as a way of discrediting the clubs trustworthiness in the media - even if there has to be a retraction the message still got out there. It could just be a rebuttle to the positive national media coverage Bill and the club has gotten recently, obviously carefully designed by the club to protray a postive light before the decison. Could all just be games and media manipulation.

I think the motive is that they believe the jigs up with Destination Kirkby but that doesn't automatically get rid of the problem of a boardroom under the influence of a man who'll only sell up for a massive profit on his investment, thereby leaving the stadium question unresolved. It might be the first broadside in an effort, post Kirkby decision, to light a bonfire under the current leadership and force a sale. They obviously believe the national media can help in that respect by asking awkward questions, the answers to which are picked over beyond Everton fan forums.

I think the motive is that they believe the jigs up with Destination Kirkby but that doesn't automatically get rid of the problem of a boardroom under the influence of a man who'll only sell up for a massive profit on his investment, thereby leaving the stadium question unresolved. It might be the first broadside in an effort, post Kirkby decision, to light a bonfire under the current leadership and force a sale. They obviously believe the national media can help in that respect by asking awkward questions, the answers to which are picked over beyond Everton fan forums.

There's press stories going back years that Green was a "friend"/backer to Kenwright at the time Kenwright bought the club. If his financial interest stretches back that far I'd be very interested to learn how/why we failed to pick up the Kings Dock.

You've got to question it....someone with his money in the background, but £30M for something worth £100M plus (our 50%) couldn't be found. Also Blue Bill fabricating a Fortress Sports Fund to see off Gregg who would have funded it. Wonder if Green knows Chris Samuelson.

Some see a conspiracy in the idea that Green, Earl & Samuelson are all purported to be Spurs supporters, but that's just silly, isn't it?

There's press stories going back years that Green was a "friend"/backer to Kenwright at the time Kenwright bought the club. If his financial interest stretches back that far I'd be very interested to learn how/why we failed to pick up the Kings Dock.

If he does have a stake in the club it has to be Earls which were purchased in 2007 long after the Kings Dock burial.

If he does have a stake in the club it has to be Earls which were purchased in 2007 long after the Kings Dock burial.

Football: Kenwright secures pounds 20m Everton takeover - Sport - The Independent

David Moyes tries to calm Everton unease | Everton - Times Online

Sunday, 26 December 1999 - Kenwright has opted not to join forces with any of the rival consortiums which have shown interest in the club and has stuck with his own financial backers. They are believed to include Phillip Green, who recently sold his Sports Division group and is currently said to be involved in the move to take over Marks and Spencer.

“Everyone knows I'm a friend of Bill Kenwright and I helped him get Everton,” Green said

:o

Football: Kenwright secures pounds 20m Everton takeover - Sport - The Independent

David Moyes tries to calm Everton unease | Everton - Times Online

Sunday, 26 December 1999 - Kenwright has opted not to join forces with any of the rival consortiums which have shown interest in the club and has stuck with his own financial backers. They are believed to include Phillip Green, who recently sold his Sports Division group and is currently said to be involved in the move to take over Marks and Spencer.

“Everyone knows I'm a friend of Bill Kenwright and I helped him get Everton,” Green said

:o

Which proved not to be the case Bills backers were Gregg, Abercrombie and Woods. Collectively with Bill they paid 30 mill for their shareholding - dispersed as such:

No. Name.-----------Approximate no. of shares.-----Approximate % of TBH total.
1. Paul and Anita Gregg. --------------8,860---------35.67%
2. *Bill Kenwright and his companies. 8,050----------32.38%
3. *Jon Woods and his company. 6,145------------24.73%
4. Arthur Abercromby. --------------1,795------------7.22%

Totals --------------------------24,850--------------100%

*Part loan from Paul Gregg.

So really the only person in modern terms Green could be a proxy for is Kenwright or Woods with any clout and i doubt that as there shareholding as part of their shareholding is held by theri own private companies. Some would suggest that Green was a mutual friend of Johnson and Kenwright and brokered the deal. It was reported that Johnson wanted 50 mill for his shareholding but TBH paid 30 mill.

Gregg couldnt be a proxy as his shareholding was sold after TBH disbanded - the most likely person to be a proxy of Green if at all is Earl (cant andnever could understand why he would want to be involved Everton) - who bought Greggs shares 2007 - post Kings Dock.

*Article you quoted mate says we are on the verge of signing Mouthino, Bent and Milito - so im sceptical as to its relieability.

Which proved not to be the case Bills backers were Gregg, Abercrombie and Woods. Collectively with Bill they paid 30 mill for their shareholding - dispersed as such:

No. Name.-----------Approximate no. of shares.-----Approximate % of TBH total.
1. Paul and Anita Gregg. --------------8,860---------35.67%
2. *Bill Kenwright and his companies. 8,050----------32.38%
3. *Jon Woods and his company. 6,145------------24.73%
4. Arthur Abercromby. --------------1,795------------7.22%

Totals --------------------------24,850--------------100%

*Part loan from Paul Gregg.

So really the only person in modern terms Green could be a proxy for is Kenwright or Woods with any clout and i doubt that as there shareholding as part of their shareholding is held by theri own private companies. Some would suggest that Green was a mutual friend of Johnson and Kenwright and brokered the deal. It was reported that Johnson wanted 50 mill for his shareholding but TBH paid 30 mill.

Gregg couldnt be a proxy as his shareholding was sold after TBH disbanded - the most likely person to be a proxy of Green if at all is Earl (cant andnever could understand why he would want to be involved Everton) - who bought Greggs shares 2007 - post Kings Dock.

*Article you quoted mate says we are on the verge of signing Mouthino, Bent and Milito - so im sceptical as to its relieability.

I quoted both articles, in the second which is years later, Green himself says he helped Kenwright to get Everton. He denies any share ownership of course, maybe that's the bit that's not reliable in terms of effective ownership? Maybe we need to know exactly how Kenwright funded his share of the purchase cost.

There'll be rats jumping ship any time now. b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back