Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont see them playing in a stadium that is only capable of holding 60,000 either. If the Kirkby location does prove to be the answer then surely that is too limited in the long term?

Yeah its not ideal, tbh it is the lesser of two evils at the moment and a much better alternative to staying put but we really do need to decide our future quickly and get on with it quickly and Kirkby, at the moment seems the only realistic answer.

Last edited:
whatever the answer may be (i prefer phased redevelopment driven by affordability & demand over a number of seasons, but could live with an equitable ground-share), it sure ain't kirkby!

wyness said the prime reason for moving was to generate additional funds for moyes transfer kitty. wyness also said that he estimated that additional revenue from the new stadium in kirkby would be approx. £10 million. after deducting additional costs, including servicing the additional debts we will have to take on, it is clear there will not be enough profit leftover, if any, to add significantly to moyes transfer funds.

the whole project is a huge gamble in the hope of, at best, a very modest return. indeed, when one considers the information that has come out about match-day transport logistics, there is a real risk the club could be financially worse off than now, thereby actually reducing the ability of the board to support moyes.

it all just seems so very sad & unnecessary.

whatever the answer may be (i prefer phased redevelopment driven by affordability & demand over a number of seasons, but could live with an equitable ground-share), it sure ain't kirkby!

wyness said the prime reason for moving was to generate additional funds for moyes transfer kitty. wyness also said that he estimated that additional revenue from the new stadium in kirkby would be approx. £10 million. after deducting additional costs, including servicing the additional debts we will have to take on, it is clear there will not be enough profit leftover, if any, to add significantly to moyes transfer funds.

the whole project is a huge gamble in the hope of, at best, a very modest return. indeed, when one considers the information that has come out about match-day transport logistics, there is a real risk the club could be financially worse off than now, thereby actually reducing the ability of the board to support moyes.

it all just seems so very sad & unnecessary.

How 40,000 people get into Goodison safely each week but apparently 50,000 people can't get into a much open, by far superior accessible area is beyond me.

That argument doesn't wash with me at all.

How 40,000 people get into Goodison safely each week but apparently 50,000 people can't get into a much open, by far superior accessible area is beyond me.

That argument doesn't wash with me at all.

i'm not goin to rehash it all, as others have already done a better job than i could, but it doesn't sound very good to me - based upon the details that have been declared in the transport plan itself.

however, that's all somewhat of an aside as the crux of the matter is there in the additional revenue estimate from wyness - the stadium simply doesn't make financial sense, & the more the costs go up the greater the risk for the club will become.

i'm not goin to rehash it all, as others have already done a better job than i could, but it doesn't sound very good to me - based upon the details that have been declared in the transport plan itself.

however, that's all somewhat of an aside as the crux of the matter is there in the additional revenue estimate from wyness - the stadium simply doesn't make financial sense, & the more the costs go up the greater the risk for the club will become.
I think its a dead in the water now. I didn't want Kirkby at any cost ,but have to wonder would all these councils have poked their noses in had it been Liverpool? is the whole world against us or is my paranoia showing.

All debate is pointless kikby here we come!

I can see Bill in the board room saying "hmm im bored with this 50 millionpound asset of mine, lets move the club out of the city, split the fans, take unhearalded personal abuse, throw tesco into the equation just to piss people of, and i wouldnt mind a challenge of heaping further debt on my already fragile 50 mill investment in my club, yeah that sounds like fun"

Dont think so, hands up who has millions to throw at feasability studies and employ a team of finacial accountants and projectionists to see if this is better or worse for us.

Noone? Didnt think so!

Im with Bill!

But this amatuerish accountant /slash fortune telling is funny, please continue.........................................

I can see Bill in the board room saying "hmm im bored with this 50 millionpound asset of mine, lets move the club out of the city, split the fans, take unhearalded personal abuse, throw tesco into the equation just to piss people of, and i wouldnt mind a challenge of heaping further debt on my already fragile 50 mill investment in my club, yeah that sounds like fun"

Dont think so, hands up who has millions to throw at feasability studies and employ a team of finacial accountants and projectionists to see if this is better or worse for us.

Noone? Didnt think so!

Im with Bill!

But this amatuerish accountant /slash fortune telling is funny, please continue.........................................

Fantasy.

Everton haven't paid penny one in this game as it stands. It's all Tesco's show and they are footing the bill. And neither would Everton have to pay that out if they went with another partner/enabler. We would be an attraction as an anchor for any new stadium plan. Or do you think that just Tesco can do that?

And why we're talking about Bill Kenwright I dont know...he's an irrelevancy at Everton FC. A bag man for people with far more influence in Everton's affairs.

Some people better get used to the fact that this Kirkby stadium is going to get bogged down for an awful long time when an inquiry is called...which now looks very likely.

(y)

Fantasy.

Everton haven't paid penny one in this game as it stands. It's all Tesco's show and they are footing the bill. And neither would Everton have to pay that out if they went with another partner/enabler. We would be an attraction as an anchor for any new stadium plan. Or do you think that just Tesco can do that?

Your making it sound better all the time!

And why we're talking about Bill Kenwright I dont know...he's an irrelevancy at Everton FC. A bag man for people with far more influence in Everton's affairs.

He must be the best finacial brain of oour time then, minimum investment, possible massive returs for doing [Poor language removed] all.

Some people better get used to the fact that this Kirkby stadium is going to get bogged down for an awful long time when an inquiry is called...which now looks very likely.

You say tomateo, someone else says tomateo, so noone really has a breeze, its just opinion its as factual as a Jo is having a medical at Finch Thread.

(y)

This has to be the most pointless thread of all time!

we can play in the park with coats as the goalposts haha.

No seriously we can just fire the bloody lot and bring in that criminal from russia...whats his name again? lol

The we can build anything anywhere hehe

Sorry but need an English to American translation here on the word "Blert."

What is a Blert? :lol:

Its a derogitory term to indicate the person who the term refers to is a melt.

"Youre one bad blert you lad". May be heard but youths wearing rockports and with their tracksuit bottoms curiously tucked into their socks.

For your benefit Bill, he was cussing him.

Noone? Didnt think so!

Im with Bill!

well i'm only going by the information that has come from the board, if they are considered amatuers & their information unreliable then it seems surprising that some people still have confidence in their ability to deliver a new stadium successfully.

well i'm only going by the information that has come from the board, if they are considered amatuers & their information unreliable then it seems surprising that some people still have confidence in their ability to deliver a new stadium successfully.

I know all the negative publicity released by the club about the new stadium would really make you have a negaitive slant on things!:huh:

Last edited:
Yeah its not ideal, tbh it is the lesser of two evils at the moment and a much better alternative to staying put but we really do need to decide our future quickly and get on with it quickly and Kirkby, at the moment seems the only realistic answer.

Or we could hound them to amend the design?

Last thing we want is to be wasting our time bickering over where the stadium should without stopping to think about the actual design of the stadium.

As it stands, it's not got enough options for expansion, and it's not been designed for atmosphere. Once it's built we have to put up with it for life.

No voters are busy trying to change the location, but the yes voters badly need to start on trying to change the design.

Or we could hound them to amend the design?

Last thing we want is to be wasting our time bickering over where the stadium should without stopping to think about the actual design of the stadium.

As it stands, it's not got enough options for expansion, and it's not been designed for atmosphere. Once it's built we have to put up with it for life.

No voters are busy trying to change the location, but the yes voters badly need to start on trying to change the design.

That wont happen. They're borrowing to the hilt to get even this mid-range, functionally designed stadium to the start line. And you can forget about anything as fanciful as an iconic statement in design....that'll cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back