Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just the store? And say a 30,000 seater stadium? And thats when we walk out yea?

no mate, if the retail is reduced at all then our £52m "cross subsidy" is reduced and we can no longer afford the stadium....

even if this gets through the Public Inquiry it is likely that the sale of the land by Knowsley to Tesco at less than market rates will be investigated - selling land "worth £50m" for less than a quarter of that isn't in the tax-payers of Knowsley's best interests or something. that whole investigation may not stop the development, but if it is decided that Tesco need to pay another £40m for the land, then our "cross subsidy" goes down, meaning we can no longer afford the stadium...

then you have the compulsary purchases that are going to be contested in court, which could probably delay the whole project

then you have the fact that we are in the middle of a credit "crunch" and that most major retailers have put their plans to open new stores "on ice" meaning that several retail units will probably sit empty - just like some of those in Liverpool One. the "cross subsidy" is dependent on the retail units being filled...

on the whole, it will come down to Everton not being able to afford to start work on the stadium, or being unable to provide evidence they can afford the whole thing

no doubt KEIOC will be blamed for it

Does Halewood Blue still come on here?

[media]http://inquiry.knowsley.gov.uk/Proof%20of%20Evidence/KEIOC_INQ_1.pdf[/media]

Deny that!

HB will say it's a fake or whatever else will soothe his fevered imagination. Many others, though, will ask 'who pays for it?'. Not big advocates of thinking outside the box by and large:

*Only Tesco* can subsidise a stadium build...*Only Kenwright* and his carpetbagging cohorts can ever own the club.

<sigh>

HB will say it's a fake or whatever else will soothe his fevered imagination. Many others, though, will ask 'who pays for it?'. Not big advocates of thinking outside the box by and large:

*Only Tesco* can subsidise a stadium build...*Only Kenwright* and his carpetbagging cohorts can ever own the club.

<sigh>

I really do struggle with understanding how any level headed individual can think like that if they were to read all that has gone on with this sordid period in our history - but sadly, you are right, these people sit next to me at GP each week :@

<sigh>

So your saying an investor will buy us out and then immediately fork out a £100m or two on a brand new stadium with no guarantee they will see their money again? Who in the right mind would do that?

would Tesco not be interested in a city centre location then?

if they're not, would ASDA? What about Sainsbury? Perhaps Morrisons? But I reckon it's safe to say Tesco would fancy it to be honest...

Bestway have said they will work with the council and accept a landswap so that the land becomes Council property, and Bradley has said Everton could lease the land to build a stadium on (the same as we're doing in Kirkby ladies and gents)

so if we're getting the land for free, and a cross subsidy from retail (which EVERTON could control and sell on - as opposed to Tesco in Kirkby who will be taking the lion's share of the money) then all we need to do is pay for a bit of the stadium itself...like we are in Kirkby

it's not rocket science - the funding package that is paying for Kirkby could easily pay for this too as any big supermarket worth their salt would jump at the chance to own a peice of retail development in one of the fastest growing city economies in the UK - except Everton could take the lead on this and charge Tesco / ASDA / Morrisons whatever they wanted to be a part of it

if they're not, would ASDA? What about Sainsbury? Perhaps Morrisons? But I reckon it's safe to say Tesco would fancy it to be honest...

Bestway have said they will work with the council and accept a landswap so that the land becomes Council property, and Bradley has said Everton could lease the land to build a stadium on (the same as we're doing in Kirkby ladies and gents)

so if we're getting the land for free, and a cross subsidy from retail (which EVERTON could control and sell on - as opposed to Tesco in Kirkby who will be taking the lion's share of the money) then all we need to do is pay for a bit of the stadium itself...like we are in Kirkby

it's not rocket science - the funding package that is paying for Kirkby could easily pay for this too as any big supermarket worth their salt would jump at the chance to own a peice of retail development in one of the fastest growing city economies in the UK - except Everton could take the lead on this and charge Tesco / ASDA / Morrisons whatever they wanted to be a part of it

There's nowhere in the city centre that fits a stadium AND a massive supermarket AND a retail park.

Naming rights for a stadium in such a location would, I'd, wager, be substantially more than can be expected for a stadium in 'one of the most deprived areas in the UK'.

Bill knows best, though....

There's nowhere in the city centre that fits a stadium AND a massive supermarket AND a retail park.

have you been to this site?

you DO know it's not just the bit inside the "loop" don't you?

off the top of my head, you put the supermarket underneath the stadium and a number of retail units where the derelict flats are (or were about six months ago when I last went past) and a multi-storey car park on the other side of Scotty Road, linked by multi-level bridges to the stadium / retail park

I'm sure architects would be able to come up with much better plans than that though - oh look, they have!

Does Halewood Blue still come on here?

Deny that!

Link it, its not even on the idiots (sorry key-ock) page

have you been to this site?

you DO know it's not just the bit inside the "loop" don't you?

off the top of my head, you put the supermarket underneath the stadium and a number of retail units where the derelict flats are (or were about six months ago when I last went past) and a multi-storey car park on the other side of Scotty Road, linked by multi-level bridges to the stadium / retail park

I'm sure architects would be able to come up with much better plans than that though - oh look, they have!

You know better than to do things off the top of your head, its bad enough when you actually try and things through. The site has been rejected by both clubs for the same reason, its too small. Get over it, its beyond boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back