Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which it won't.

Sorry, but who the [Poor language removed] thinks all Evertonians are that thick?

"Sorry, we don't want an Emirates-level stadium, because it's a bowl"? Complete and utter bullshit.

I for one don't think all Evertonians are thick. I do think though that some will argue both ways to make their point, even if one point contradicts another.

Plans commissioned by unknown party for Everton stadium down at Clarence Dock:

plan2vd3.jpg

Plans for a 55,000 seater stadium on Liverpool's Clarence Dock have been leaked to NSNO on the day that the Public Inquiry into a move to Kirkby visits Goodison Park to assess the need to leave the stadium. Drawn up by Liverpool architects, Bradshaw, Rowse and Harker, the plans show a 55,000 seater stadium built within a completely redeveloped dock area surrounding the Stanley Dock and it's famous tabacco warehouse - the largest brick-built warehouse in the world.

New retail development, as well as residential usage and a conversion of the warehouse itself are linked from Sandhills Merseyrail station which also acts as a hub for transport to the stadium, which itself could be expanded to over 60,000 by simply filling in the corners.

It is not known who commissioned the architectural drawings, but evidence of a suitable site capable of holding a 55,000 seater stadium in a prime waterfront location has been denied by employees of Everton Football Club. From the limited information available, it would seem, however, that the only issue is that of cost - something which is prohibitive to the current board at Everton.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Everton plan stadium on the Waterfront

2 main points have been raised about this proposal over the last couple of pages:
1) Where's the money coming from?
2) How are they going to get planning?

perhaps we could compare and contrast with Kirkby, where a development that would otherwise be kicked straight into touch is being given a lot of credence due to the fact that it brings a football club with it. The stadium being partly funded by the enabling development around it, in exchange for being a 'planning enabler' if you like.

Well, [Poor language removed] me, there's Clarence Dock, with what looks to be a large enabling development and a Stadium. How's that different?

If it can be made to work with a Tesco's, TKMaxx and a BHS in Kirkby, I'm pretty sure they can make the margin on a rather more upscale Dockside development.... maybe Peel got wind that they'd need a Planning enabler of some sort, and wanted this to be ready to fly when the scale of Kirkby got (inevitably) reduced by the Planners.

... and then I woke up, but it was a boss dream :)

2 main points have been raised about this proposal over the last couple of pages:
1) Where's the money coming from?
2) How are they going to get planning?

perhaps we could compare and contrast with Kirkby, where a development that would otherwise be kicked straight into touch is being given a lot of credence due to the fact that it brings a football club with it. The stadium being partly funded by the enabling development around it, in exchange for being a 'planning enabler' if you like.

Well, [Poor language removed] me, there's Clarence Dock, with what looks to be a large enabling development and a Stadium. How's that different?

If it can be made to work with a Tesco's, TKMaxx and a BHS in Kirkby, I'm pretty sure they can make the margin on a rather more upscale Dockside development.... maybe Peel got wind that they'd need a Planning enabler of some sort, and wanted this to be ready to fly when the scale of Kirkby got (inevitably) reduced by the Planners.

... and then I woke up, but it was a boss dream :)

It seems to me that Peel must want some movement down there as their Liverpool Waters project is making little headway and they're getting very impatient. They know the council are over a barrel on the Everton ground issue and that could expedite matters in terms of planning - this could be sold as part of the regeneration of Vauxhall. Imo, a change of ownership is required to make this more than a nice idea. If/when Destination Kirkby falls through I can see that coming about quite rapidly. Wheels appear to be in motion but they'll grind forward very slowly if at all.

Last edited:
Can you really see DK falling thru? I mean im not being funny here, but you clearly know more about it than me. Is it possible that the whole thing will be scrapped?

So just the store? And say a 30,000 seater stadium? And thats when we walk out yea?

Store + smaller comparison retail (TKMaxx etc), but not enough to provide a cross-subsidy.

However, plan B's just gone down the swanee, as it would seem that the rather ace plans for Clarence Dock weren't drawn up by Peel, but by their predecessors (nice while it lasted though eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back