Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth I would be behind this scheme, and I think its something that needs to be pushed.

I have always advocated for Kirkby, because it was the only option on the table. If there is another viable solution then I would be happy to advocate that too. Anything but stay in a dilapidated stadium.

For what its worth I would be behind this scheme, and I think its something that needs to be pushed.

I have always advocated for Kirkby, because it was the only option on the table. If there is another viable solution then I would be happy to advocate that too. Anything but stay in a dilapidated stadium.

Thats my stance in all fairness, if we have nothing else i take Kirkby, rather than stay @ Goodison and watch it fall apart around my ears.

Build a stadium like that German one with the four stands thats dead boss on that place by the docks is my suggestion.

But if we cant afford it then share in Stanley Park and if not then Kirkby.

In that order too fact fans.

Plans commissioned by unknown party for Everton stadium down at Clarence Dock:

plan2vd3.jpg

Plans for a 55,000 seater stadium on Liverpool's Clarence Dock have been leaked to NSNO on the day that the Public Inquiry into a move to Kirkby visits Goodison Park to assess the need to leave the stadium. Drawn up by Liverpool architects, Bradshaw, Rowse and Harker, the plans show a 55,000 seater stadium built within a completely redeveloped dock area surrounding the Stanley Dock and it's famous tabacco warehouse - the largest brick-built warehouse in the world.

New retail development, as well as residential usage and a conversion of the warehouse itself are linked from Sandhills Merseyrail station which also acts as a hub for transport to the stadium, which itself could be expanded to over 60,000 by simply filling in the corners.

It is not known who commissioned the architectural drawings, but evidence of a suitable site capable of holding a 55,000 seater stadium in a prime waterfront location has been denied by employees of Everton Football Club. From the limited information available, it would seem, however, that the only issue is that of cost - something which is prohibitive to the current board at Everton.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Everton plan stadium on the Waterfront

blue haddock alert, blue haddock alert (shown in bold). Interesting, its a bowl design which is despised by all, unless its within the boundaries of the city of Liverpool, then shape don't really matter.

Clutching at straws as money and investment, as well as tradition and progress is at the heart of this debate.

There must be something we can do.

Wonder what KEIOC have up their sleeves?

I've always said if there was something people can do they'd have done it by now. Its been 2 years and all that's happened is the the thing to be called in. Other than that, what has anyone done substancially (KEIOC, LCC etc) done to prevent it? Nothing.

Everton FC feel they have a strong case for the move, the opposition feel they have a strong case against the move. But nothing the opposition have done and brought up has swayed them. EFC feel, as a business, that it will work for the future of the business and club. And at the end of the day, no one who works for the club want it to go under and all want a big pay day to reap the rewards. They feel DK can do it and is deliverable, affordable.

People on the outside opposing it dont think so. Hence the arguement. But the opposition hasnt, as of yet, brought up any alternatives -- but apprantly there's about 30 odd alternatives to DK that can work, we can afford, and should go to, according to KEIOC.

But we'll have to wait.

Thats my stance in all fairness, if we have nothing else i take Kirkby, rather than stay @ Goodison and watch it fall apart around my ears.
Which it won't.

blue haddock alert, blue haddock alert (shown in bold). Interesting, its a bowl design which is despised by all, unless its within the boundaries of the city of Liverpool, then shape don't really matter.

Clutching at straws as money and investment, as well as tradition and progress is at the heart of this debate.
Sorry, but who the [Poor language removed] thinks all Evertonians are that thick?

"Sorry, we don't want an Emirates-level stadium, because it's a bowl"? Complete and utter bullshit.

This is the "iconic, world class stadium" we were promised, picked from Barr's site:

[media]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4377/kirkbypromoshot2ws3.jpg[/media]

Exactly how is this better than Reebok or JJB?

I've always said if there was something people can do they'd have done it by now. Its been 2 years and all that's happened is the the thing to be called in. Other than that, what has anyone done substancially (KEIOC, LCC etc) done to prevent it? Nothing.

Everton FC feel they have a strong case for the move, the opposition feel they have a strong case against the move. But nothing the opposition have done and brought up has swayed them. EFC feel, as a business, that it will work for the future of the business and club. And at the end of the day, no one who works for the club want it to go under and all want a big pay day to reap the rewards. They feel DK can do it and is deliverable, affordable.

People on the outside opposing it dont think so. Hence the arguement. But the opposition hasnt, as of yet, brought up any alternatives -- but apprantly there's about 30 odd alternatives to DK that can work, we can afford, and should go to, according to KEIOC.

But we'll have to wait.

You are kidding aren't you mate? A fan group that has been instrumental in getting the Loop site alternative together, unearthed the Sainsbury's plan to build a stadium on Walton Hall Park and got together it's own plan to refurbish Goodison Park...that's not 'bringing up alternatives'? Are you sure?

The possibilities are all there and have been presented - they can't force the club to act on them, that's the only problem. Just seeing a 'neagtive' like the call in as the only achievement that Keioc have made is ridiculous. It's the sort of blinkered conclusion on that organisation that has blighted the whole process.

You are kidding aren't you mate? A fan group that has been instrumental in getting the Loop site alternative together, unearthed the Sainsbury's plan to build a stadium on Walton Hall Park and got together it's own plan to refurbish Goodison Park...that's not 'bringing up alternatives'? Are you sure?

The possibilities are all there and have been presented - they can't force the club to act on them, that's the only problem. Just seeing a 'neagtive' like the call in as the only achievement that Keioc have made is ridiculous. It's the sort of blinkered conclusion on that organisation that has blighted the whole process.

Like I said, anything substancial, viable -- something to make them go "hold on, lets take a look". The inquiry is the only thing they could do eventually or want, to make an impact, to actually change things, to be heard.

I'm not having a go at what KEIOC have done (although they've been prone to some very cheap digs), they've done what they can (even though they'd do anything to, as the name suggest keep Everton in the city). All I said that they havent done or found anything to change things drastically to stop anything, and neither have LCC. Stuff like the Loop site has already been brought up and looked into, apprantly, and its not viable -- that's what's been said, and the same with the others mentioned (like they've never looked into refurbishing GP?).

But again, like I've mentioned, the enquiry is still going on so more info will come to light (like the other 30 odd locations), so those alternatives arent fully dead in the water till it continutes.

The club have said they have a budget for a stadium move, anything else has to meet that budget. Sadly, nothing has, apparantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back