Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One bad result against Villa and the Kirkby talk starts up. I may make myself unpopular to many but lets not go down that road again. We only have around £1 million to spend on player/s in January "Reported", so why discuss moving to a place i dont want us to move to when we cannot afford it. We may be [Poor language removed] at the moment, but at least we are more financially stable than the so-called top four who are all in debt up to there eye balls. Lets get the team right first, a team that will attract 55,000 spectators, End of.

One bad result against Villa and the Kirkby talk starts up. I may make myself unpopular to many but lets not go down that road again. We only have around £1 million to spend on player/s in January "Reported", so why discuss moving to a place i dont want us to move to when we cannot afford it. We may be [Poor language removed] at the moment, but at least we are more financially stable than the so-called top four who are all in debt up to there eye balls. Lets get the team right first, a team that will attract 55,000 spectators, End of.

Come on mate don't be daft. 1m budget is a transfer budget, it has nothing to do with the stadium issue. That's a whole different financial ball game, and I would have thought is all about investment to return.

hear! hear!

seems a crazy time to be taking on huge additional debts, especially when the anticipated returns are estimated to be so low - & that was before the current economic downturn.

Plans commissioned by unknown party for Everton stadium down at Clarence Dock:

plan2vd3.jpg

Plans for a 55,000 seater stadium on Liverpool's Clarence Dock have been leaked to NSNO on the day that the Public Inquiry into a move to Kirkby visits Goodison Park to assess the need to leave the stadium. Drawn up by Liverpool architects, Bradshaw, Rowse and Harker, the plans show a 55,000 seater stadium built within a completely redeveloped dock area surrounding the Stanley Dock and it's famous tabacco warehouse - the largest brick-built warehouse in the world.

New retail development, as well as residential usage and a conversion of the warehouse itself are linked from Sandhills Merseyrail station which also acts as a hub for transport to the stadium, which itself could be expanded to over 60,000 by simply filling in the corners.

It is not known who commissioned the architectural drawings, but evidence of a suitable site capable of holding a 55,000 seater stadium in a prime waterfront location has been denied by employees of Everton Football Club. From the limited information available, it would seem, however, that the only issue is that of cost - something which is prohibitive to the current board at Everton.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Everton plan stadium on the Waterfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back